• Show
Clear All

• Graham Burberry
    replied
    Thanks will do

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Best to email [email protected] witht his request. However, currently, I do not think we j have many.

• Graham Burberry
    replied
    Have you got any spare buffers for these

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, I would be interested to hear members views. The challenge will be robustness though with a prototypical look at the right cost.

• Boxbrownie
    replied
    Yes when a kid I used to hack about Airfix kits to modify them into all sorts of different types (aircraft mainly) but nowadays I am afraid because of age and arthritis "hacking about" is a painful and very tedious process, long live RTR I say.........or I'd be very limited as to what I can run.

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    I completely forgot doors on wagons also have hinges and don't always slide...Silly me! Even in that case simple hinges can be made and I still don't see production costs going up as such.

• adrianbs
    replied
    It is not that difficult to "DIY" open doors although it does need a sacrificial body to make a good job. Wait a while till a suitable cheap ebay looky likey comes along and do a bit of "Real modelling" Kids of 12 and over used to be able to make a reasonable job of hacking about Airfix kits in my day and most attempts at RTR with opening doors have left a lot to be desired either on appearance or robustness.

Leave a comment:

• Boxbrownie
    commented on 's reply
    A poll on the G0G site might be a good idea........even in here but a very limited membership I fear.

• Boxbrownie
    replied
    Originally posted by adrianbs View Post
    Opening Doors, excellent idea and to avoid the "Hand of God" regularly descending from the sky they could be operated on DCC using a small servo or even on analogue provided that section of goods yard was only accessible to wagons. I kid you not, I did something similar over 40 years ago and today it would be much easier to do than it was then. Think Dapol operating signals !! The only problem in this cost conscious world might be the price, but you will probably only need the one.
    For the sake of saving cost I am happy to be the "hand of God" .............as JB said previously even an extra snap in/off set of open doors would be good for posing whilst in sidings etc, although proper hinged/sliding (as on the open wagons) would be the icing on the cake.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the suggestion, we will look into it and investigate if enough folk want the feature.

• adrianbs
    replied
    Opening Doors, excellent idea and to avoid the "Hand of God" regularly descending from the sky they could be operated on DCC using a small servo or even on analogue provided that section of goods yard was only accessible to wagons. I kid you not, I did something similar over 40 years ago and today it would be much easier to do than it was then. Think Dapol operating signals !! The only problem in this cost conscious world might be the price, but you will probably only need the one.

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Opening/Sliding doors would be a great feature. If it can be designed to simply clip in I don't see it affecting overall costs by much.

• Boxbrownie
    replied
    Looking really very nice, and the positionable features add to the "play value"...............as mentioned above though wouldn't it be great if the doors could be opened also.........maybe next time?

Leave a comment:

• adrianbs
    replied
    Very puzzled by the strange Vacuum brake gear on these BR wagons. Photos, drawings etc show no evidence of the vacuum cylinder positioned so close to the cross shaft, nor the use of the extraordinary linkage between it and the cross shaft. The normal position for the cylinder trunnion centre line was 18" from the centreline of the wagon with the trunnion fixed to the rear of the solebar and the cylinder about 2" further inboard.
    The operating crank was a far simpler device enabling handbrake and vacuum brake to operate independently. Apart from the longitudinal positioning of the cylinder being incorrect it is clearly too far inboard, indeed, because the vee hangers are cranked inwards below the bottom of the solebar the trunnion face is actually outboard of the vee hanger.
    I do hope these components can be easily removed and the cylinder moved to the correct position and a new crank fitted.

Leave a comment:

• adrianbs
    replied
    Hi Folks Not quite sure what the open with the M prefix to the number is intended to be. That running number is from LMS diagram 2150 and these wagons were rather different to the Diagram 1/044 wagon which it is a model of. They are structurally different to diagrams 1/044 or 1/039 in various ways and cannot be easily modified to represent them. Some retailer listings are incorrect as the open with Tarpaulin bar is Diagram 1/039 but the other two unfitted opens are diagram 1/044 without a tarpaulin bar. However there were some wagons which gained tarpaulin bars in later life and some which lost them, often leaving just the curved guide.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X