X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Elvy
    Just starting out here
    • Aug 2016

2019 Terriers

Well 2018 is nearly in the past, can Dapol tell us yet what joys they have in store for their Terrier’s in 2019?

David
  • IanS
    Just starting out here
    • Jun 2016

Originally posted by David Elvy
    Well 2018 is nearly in the past, can Dapol tell us yet what joys they have in store for their Terrier’s in 2019?

David
    I'm sure they will be working on the plans once they are back in the office in the new year, though given they have large stocks of the 2018 release models I doubt Terriers will be a high priority. The DMUs, Sentinel shunters and GWR 48xx are on the schedule for 2019 and I'd guess at another batch of the sold-through GWR 57xx, so I would not anticipate a new batch of Terriers until 2020.

If there is any news there is an O gauge show in Bristol at the end of January. Dapol will likely bring along the latest pre-production models and have flyers out for proposed new models.

Ian.
    Last edited by IanS; 28 December 2018, 12:32.

Comment

• David Elvy
      Just starting out here
      • Aug 2016

It’s a bit disappointing to hear Dapol have a large stock of the 2018 Terrier’s, how do you know they still have large stocks unsold, especially as BOXHILL was in a more correct IEG livery, I’ll need to check next week if any of the special edition BOXHILL Terrier’s are still available.
      Unfortunately modelling cash has recently been invested in my layout or I could have been interested in investing in a few more Marsh livery Terrier’s to rename, another 10 should complete the fleet required for my New Cross works layout.

David

Comment

• David Elvy
      Just starting out here
      • Aug 2016

Thank for the updated information, I already have 3 x No. 643 two of which have been renumbered, another 2 or 3 models of Fenchurch to rename are a distinct probability but these will be obtained from a retailer who doesn’t charge the rrp.

I am a pre-grouping modeller so some of the models you mention are of no interest to me personally and with the Marsh livery Models still available I don’t yet need to start thinking about complete repaints.

Last night we had all 11 of my models plus a friends repainted Grangemouth No. 5 in operation, the sound was quite impressive.

David
      Attached Files
      Last edited by David Elvy; 9 January 2019, 12:19.

Comment

Working...