2018 Terriers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Terriers

I am glad to see Dapol are going to continue releasing Terriers in different liveries this year, with the release of the all black unlined models being released does this mean we might see a Stroudley liveried un-name variant in the future?

David

Excellent point. Maybe they can also sell suitable decals for customers as well.
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure this is for us I am afraid. I will put forward the suggestion of an unnumbered/named version of IEG, but our unumbered versions of most of our O gauge models have been the slowest sellers. Perhaps we can offer them on an pre-order basis so we only make what is required.

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      They are indeed going to be slow sellers. But yes I was also thinking of the pre-order system. I'm not sure about what's the minimum orders you'll need, however just for an example if it was 100 then I was thinking that you'll can offer the un-numbered models for pre-order. If you'll get upto the 90 mark then produce them. Anything below 90 won't be sensible. Obviously if it crosses 100 then that's a good thing.

Not for a single purchase but I would be happy to commit to 10 IEG plus 10 Marsh livery Terriers if they came unlettered
    I have been trying to remove the transfers from batch 1 and 2 models with poor results
    I am in the process of building a scale model of Mr. Stroudley's round house built specifically for Terriers and I only have nine Dapol Terriers two go with my three kit (part) built models

Comment

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello David, drop me an email on [email protected] and I will see if I can sort something out.

I see gauge master have the Brighton Works model advertised as a special commission this year, I was wondering if Dapol could share information about any other special commissions for 2018.

David

Comment

Originally posted by David Elvy View Post
      I was wondering if Dapol could share information about any other special commissions for 2018.
      Dapol has listed some commissions on their site over the years but the list tends to be incomplete and rarely updated. For a while Dapol also issued news items when commissioned models were released along the lines of 'despatched today to...'

The news item was particularly helpful as it put the model forward to a wider audience away from the location of the commissioners where it may otherwise have passed unnoticed.
      I'm sure no commissioner is going to object to Dapol helping spread advertising of a commissioned product, or even including commissioned models (annotated with the commissioners' name/contact) in a full list of all models produced for those who wish to collect them all.
      Antics certainly won't :-)

Any chance the Antics O gauge commissions might get added to the O gauge list sometime?

For those collecting Terriers, Weston Clevedon & Portishead Railway no.4 see anticsonline.uk

On the subject of unnumbered models, the Southern and British Railways lined models in different configurations (bunkers etc.) might be more popular as it would save lining, however we all need to recognise that this might then limit future sales for Dapol, as if I've modelled the loco I want from an unnumbered one I'm not then going to buy another one if Dapol release a fully finished model with that number.
      From the retail side I must also concur with Joel, the unnumbered models do seem to be slow sellers. It seems many modellers are reluctant to add numbers themselves despite transfers being readily available, preferring to ask when Dapol with produce number XXXXX. For example, over 1,000 08s and 08 alike locos (class 09s, 10s, etc) were built, so the chances of one number being selected are around 1 in 1000 and the wasp stripes are a a pig to paint symmetrically on full size 08s to!

Ian @ antics.

Comment

• David Elvy
        David Elvy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for letting us know about your commission, unfortunately the WC&PR model is ten years to late for my choosen pregrouping period

Well I know one of the specials produced this year will be BOXHILL, mine has been ordered.

David

Comment

My special edition Terrier BOXHILL has arrived, I am happy with the new livery Dapol have applied but this does now pose the question about what to do about the earlier models

Comment

Has Dapol changed something in the new Terrier chassis, I tested BOXHILL yesterday and with out a decoder it sounded more like a 1950s tramcar, can Dapol offer any suggestions as to how I can rectify this, gear lubrication etc?

Other wise it’s another nice Terrier.

David

Comment

Working...
          X