This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 New Terriers for 2016

Due to commence production shortly for a 3rd quarter 2016 delivery are 5 new liveries and 1 special edition.
    Available DC, or factory fitted DCC Sound.
    Regards
    Andy

Dapol Staff Member

We have just received the first decorated sample models. Some minor changes to be made, but production is definitely on schedule.
    Last edited by Joel Dapol; 15 June 2016, 09:04. Reason: spelling
    Regards
    Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Are you'll doing the LB&SCR one in N gauge too? As much as I would love to buy the O gauge one, I simply have no space. I'm already into OO, getting into N, manufacturing Indian HO and O gauge is probably best for a showcase? LOL.
      Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        no plans for anther batch of N gauge terriers just yet, but I agree the LB&SCR would be a good one to do.

Hi Jeremiah,
      The Marsh brown version is certainly a very attractive model so there will be plans to produce this in N scale. Actually you can make a very nice small layout in 0 gauge as all our models are designed to negotiate R2 radius (40") only taking up a little larger area than 00.

Comment

I'm thinking of a generic O gauge display layout. Can't even call it a layout, a diorama is more acceptable. Just for displaying. Hoping that works out. A LB&SCR Terrier in that brown livery and an EWS Class 08 is on my list.
        Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Dapol View Post
          Hi Jeremiah,
          The Marsh brown version is certainly a very attractive model so there will be plans to produce this in N scale. Actually you can make a very nice small layout in 0 gauge as all our models are designed to negotiate R2 radius (40") only taking up a little larger area than 00.

yes I brought Thames back in August not really built a layout yet for it looking at adding sound to it & a crew but gave it a shunting work on my Clubs O gauge Layout Happisburgh Goods it was the most colourful loco against all the gritty BR black steam locos. see picture.

everyone was impressed with Dapols work on these helpful locos I do hope do a few more named terriers in Stoudley Improved engine green nudge nudge

Comment

I have 2 Terriers at the moment, and am sure there will be at least another one. Both have run well, and I use them on a garden layout.

Comment

Do you have any idea when these are due to be released? Looking forward to getting hold of one having missed out on the initial batch.

Cheers,

Jon

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                Joel Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Jon, production has started so should be with us in around 5-6 weeks.

With Fishbourne shortly before its release and some time since we discussed that matter for the first time, can we expect other IOW-Terriers with their respective distinctions (sandboxes, front footsteps, handrails etc.) in the (near) future? Thanks!

Comment

• Richard Dapol
                Richard Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                We would like to offer some further IOW terriers, but the early types had the footplate mounted sandboxes and different injectors requiring tool modifications so these are possible additions later, however Bembridge as W4 only requires a new chimney so this would be an easy fix.

Afraid when it comes to Terrier's you can never have too many, unlike the 00 gauge models I have decided to stick with pre-grouping, of the Dapol models just now I have the three IEG models as supplied plus an extra one to be renamed, I did buy an SR livery model but this will be sold to buy one in Brighton livery.
              Just now I am wondering if the Marsh livery model due to be released soon can easily be renumbered, if it can it will save me from needing to build a body for the 2-4-0 chassis I've built for a model of Beulah, just need to wait and see.
              The first board for the Terrier works layout is built and waiting for the turntable to be fitted.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                Joel Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                Quite a collection you have there. I am not sure how easy the Marsh Umber version would be to renumber as the buffer beam number is quite large. T cut and patience might do it perhaps, although I am sure better modellers than me can give advice. The brass plate should be easy to remove and replace I would imagine.

• Joel Dapol
                Joel Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                Hello David Richard informs me The nearest colour would be Phoenix Precision Paints ref P481 Stroudley cab interior. Hope that helps

Thank you for the information regarding the paint, the reason for wanting to know the paint colour is to touch up where I have removed the name from one of the two Waddon models.
              If I can satisfactorily touch up the side tank where the name has been removed I will purchase a few more duplicates knowing I won't need to do a full repaint and lining job on the side tanks.
              Other mods for specific locos are fairly simple by comparison.

Comment

Should I take some extra pennies to Telford for the new Terrier's?

Comment

Is there a release date yet for the Marsh livery Terrier?

Comment

A problem for some time delaying my purchase of more models has been the renaming of models from the first batch, the attached photo is the first of what is likely to be a few models that have had their original names removed, this one, painted by a friend, has had the side tanks repainted using off the shelf paint, I’m happy with the finish which means more model repaints will follow once some more donners are purchased.

David

Comment

Working...
                    X