What to follow the Terriers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to follow the Terriers?

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, might need moving.

With the Terriers clearly proving a success, are there any plans to do any other O gauge engines? I personally think a SECR P class would go well with both the Terrier and 08 plus plenty of livery options as well:- SECR Green, SECR WW1 grey, SR green etc

Cheers,

Jon

Originally posted by angr607 View Post
    Apologies if this is in the wrong place, might need moving.

With the Terriers clearly proving a success, are there any plans to do any other O gauge engines? I personally think a SECR P class would go well with both the Terrier and 08 plus plenty of livery options as well:- SECR Green, SECR WW1 grey, SR green etc

Cheers,

Jon
    There's a "Polls and Announcements" section under the "O gauge sub-forum". I think the topic will be better off there... Atleast people can vote for what they want to see. I have a whole list when it comes to diesels. But for steam I have just one - LB&SCR E2
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

A P class would be a nice addition, personally I would like to see more Terrier's or LBSCR E or D class.

Comment

There are a few Terrier liveries yet to market, for instance the LSWR bought 2, numbers 734 and 735 I believe to use on Lyme Regis branch, obviously they later joined the others back in SR livery

Comment

M 7 would be nice or class 33

Comment

E1 would be nice, E4 less attractive to me but nice, a D1 would be really nice, all in LBSCR livery for me, either IEG or Marsh, a C1 would also make a nice addition for any LBSCR and early SR Layout
            Last edited by David Elvy; 19 September 2018, 06:53.

Comment

Hi,
              for another Brighton engine, I think a C2X would be a popular model (both in 00 and 0) - could be offered in LBSCR, SR and BR(s) livery, single & double dome versions and the chassis could also be used for the original C2 with a different body moulding...
              from a personal viewpoint I would definitely buy an LSWR Ilfracombe Goods in 0 gauge if offered in KESR livery (to match the excellent A1, Bodiam in KESR livery that Dapol did a while back )
              best wishes, keep up the good work
              Richard

Comment

'What next for Dapol' has also been a thread on the Gauge 0 Guild forum, the terrier has been a tremendous success, and I hope rewarding for Dapol for 4 main reasons 1) reasonable price for a well constructed RTR 7mm loco,2) long operating life from Victorian times to BR and into preservation,3) operated over a wide area LBSC, LSW, Colonel Stephens lines, IoW, hence lots of livery opportunities, 4) suitable for small layouts and especially the peco R2 curves.
                In order to plan for adequate sales I assume Dapol will try to do more of the same, I admit my preference to be LSW/SR, so the G6 0-6-0T and 02 0-4-4T share the same body but with chassis variation, Victorian times into preservation so laser scanning and DCC sound files doable, and LSW,SR,BR and IoW liveries.
                The LSW radial 4-4-2T will like the curves, again Victorian into preservation lifespan, liveries could also include Col Stephens EKR, and even Highland Rly!
                i agree with Col Billinton that a small Victorian 0-6-0 tender engine is a clear gap in the market, it should do the curves and some lasted into BR days, but costs and price would be higher, too many only pulled goods and very few survive to scan or record... including the sweet Ilfracombe goods which did get around on Col Stephens lines EKR, K&ESR, S&MR and did passenger trains!

Comment

A few of us have given our thoughts and wishes, could we get some feedback from Dapol, none of us expect models here to appear in the market place with in the next 12 months, although it would be nice, but some feedback might encourage others to post, thanks.

I really must crack on with my model of New Cross to give my Terrier’s a proper home.

David
                  Last edited by David Elvy; 7 November 2018, 17:37.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremiahBunyan View Post

There's a "Polls and Announcements" section under the "O gauge sub-forum". I think the topic will be better off there... Atleast people can vote for what they want to see. I have a whole list when it comes to diesels. But for steam I have just one - LB&SCR E2
                    A quick look and I see the Polls and Announcements section is empty and I could not see any way to start a poll which for Dapol could be quite a useful thing, even if it’s to know what we don’t vote for.

David

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                      JeremiahBunyan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well that was over 2 years ago. Maybe they've closed it now. There was quite an extensive poll running there.

Three of my Terriers from recent batches have come with unusually noisy motor/geartrains, the two versions have been the '-014S' code number 734 in LSWR livery, I have two of these DCC sound factory fitted, (one will be renumbered '735' in due course), the other offending noisy terrier is a Rails special edition number 82 'Boxhill' in possibly a more accurate rendition of the stroudley 'improved engine green' , this loco was not available with DCC sound so I need to retro fit sound in due course.
                    At the September 2018 Dapol open day I also purchased a 'Fenchurch' and 'SECR' liveried terrier, both run as silently as my 'Brighton' 'Thames' 'Waddon' LBSC liveried, my 634 'Gipsy Hill' and 'Southern' liveried 2644 and 9W,!!
                    So either I have been very fortunate in my silent running terriers or something has gone amiss in QC, note that only the two versions I mention of what is the third batch of terriers seem to have this problem. I raised the issue with Andy Forty at the open day and he is looking into it. Anybody else have this problem?
                    Btw a couple of 'rivet counting' points, 1) Boxhill comes with iron rather than wooden brake shoes? If it is 'LBSC' era the latter would be right, as on say 'Brighton', But if the model was referenced from the loco at the NRM... hence better colour... it would have acquired iron blocks in normal use before going backwards in preservation.
                    2) The LSWR locos correctly have had the air brake cabside pump and pipes removed, But the LSWR at Nine Elms would then have fitted vacuum brakes requiring a vacuum ejector pipe from cab to smokebox on the left hand side, as per fitted on 'Southern' 2644. Bradley's book on 'Drummond LSWR locos' shows this pipe clearly, Rather than have me drive a 'dangerous' handbraked only loco, DCC supplies have kindly sent me the appropriate pipe to fit!

Comment

Working...
                    X