X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08guy
    replied
    It has been mooted/proven on a number of forums that the research for Dapols latest 08 model is lacking. I myself noted a number of errors, not least of all major livery errors (also noted on a popular internet forum) and took the opportunity to discuss this with your managing director, Richard Webster at the recent Telford exhibition.
    Richard informed me that the model was in production and would not now be changed from the approved design. Given that the sample had obvious errors can you please explain why you have willfully put into production a known inaccurate model, which must result in cancelled orders?

Leave a comment:

• 37081lochlong
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Joel, I now know which one to go and pre-order

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    They will be released at the same time

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    Originally posted by Richard Dapol View Post
    Hi Jeremiah,
    I am the product development manager. As you can imagine the class 08 diesel is a minefield of detail differences so we decided to start at the beginning with the first series of locomotives depicting the original build with long hood hinges and only vacuum braked, this ensured that we could use basically one set of parts, but cover the most popular post war period of the 1950s through to 1960s. Future models will include the later builds of pressed steel doors and steel cab doors. Chassis details will also include air braking equipment, so we can decorate an EWS version.
    We have not announced an EWS version yet, but I have no doubt it will be made in the future as the tooling allows most types and variants to be made.
    Thanks Joel and Richard... I'll hold on for an EWS version!

Leave a comment:

• 37081lochlong
    replied
    It's a great looking model from what i've seen and I just have one question, wIll the un-numbered blue version be released at the same time as the numbered versions or since it was announced late will it come after the others?

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    We have not announced an EWS version yet, but I have no doubt it will be made in the future as the tooling allows most types and variants to be made.
    Last edited by Joel Dapol; 15 June 2016, 09:07. Reason: Spelling

• Richard Dapol
    replied
    Hi Jeremiah,
    I am the product development manager. As you can imagine the class 08 diesel is a minefield of detail differences so we decided to start at the beginning with the first series of locomotives depicting the original build with long hood hinges and only vacuum braked, this ensured that we could use basically one set of parts, but cover the most popular post war period of the 1950s through to 1960s. Future models will include the later builds of pressed steel doors and steel cab doors. Chassis details will also include air braking equipment, so we can decorate an EWS version.

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    Hi Neil,

Hoping you'll can help me out with this. When the model was first announced, I distinctly remember seeing an EWS one. Has that been dropped? Planned for a future release?

Leave a comment:

• Neil Dapol
    started a topic O Class 08 Opening Statement

O Class 08 Opening Statement

The 08 Shunter is now in production and will be arriving with us shortly.

Features and Benefits:
    • Die Cast Running plate
    • Compensated Die Cast Chassis
    • Die Cast and Profiled wheels
    • High Level of separately applied detail
    • Directional lighting
    • Shunting lamp (DCC Only)
    • Cab Lighting
    • Sprung Metal Buffers
    • Articulated Screw Coupling
    • Functioning cab doors
    • DCC Ready (21 Pin)
    • DCC Fitted and DCC Fitted sound options available
    • Un-numbered versions available so you can model your local locomotive

Planned Livery Options
    Last edited by Andy Dapol; 6 June 2016, 11:08. Reason: Thread title: Added Gauge & loco class
Working...
X