X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gronk
    replied
    Hi Andy any chance of giving an update on when the class 08 will be arriving in UK please?

Many thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Andy Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Please see post #7 below for a detailed reply.

• Andy Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    The model based on D3219 is 'as constructed'. Since you're purchasing the unnumbered edition it will be possible remove detail parts and variously adjust the model to accurately suit the appearance of your prototype during exactly the time frame you have in mind.

• Buffers
    replied
    Hi Andy,

many thanks, it may seem petty but to help me decide whether to keep my order for an unnumbered green with wasp stripes version and to paint the bonnet green, the picture you have used for the basis of D3219 shows that it has various panel handles missing will the completed model be true to the picture or have handles as per your artwork?

Leave a comment:

• Andy Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Oops, Sorry Gronk, I only just saw your post. Yes, this is the case and is correct per our research and the photo above, D3219 had a Black hood top and Black roof during the period we chose to model.
    Please Check our other green model, 7D-008-001 (without black hood, without wasp stripes, Early crest) or for early crest, green hood and wasp stripes DCC Supplies: http://www.dccsupplies.com/item-p-11...sp-stripes.htm

Further info below (post 11.1)

• Andy Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry if my earlier response was confusing, I'll clarify. (Please excuse capitals use for clarity, as comments do not permit italics)

The model is per the prototype (photo above) i.e. Green Body, Yellow/Black wasp striped radiator area, with black cab roof and black hood upper. You mention that you are seeking an early crest version, do you note that version (7D-008-003) is BR LATE crest ? so it may not be what you require after all?

If you are looking for EARLY crest version, then 7D-008-001 maybe more to your needs. The artwork is on this page, but for ease, it is all over green, NO wasp stripes with Black cab roof (another common variant).

For an EARLY crest WITH wasp stripes, try DCC Supplies. They have commissioned an Early Crest Green/wasp stripes with black cab roof - Due in the second container, so (at the time of writing) around 2 weeks after the 1st delivery. Further information is here: http://www.dccsupplies.com/item-p-11...sp-stripes.htm

We will be producing many other liveries for a long time yet, so your 100% green will undoubtedly be produced in due course.

• Gronk
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Andy, just seen your clarification of BR green colour scheme and it's just sunk in that top of bonnet is not green but black. Is this really the case as all the Images I have seen including models from other manufacturer's are always green. Could you clarify please as perhaps I am wrong? I really do hope it's not black it will be so dissapointing if it is.

• Buffers
    replied
    Hi Andy, for clarity does that mean the main roof or bonnet will still be black as opposed to green that most were outshopped in? The early crest version is all over green. Hopefully not as I will have to reconsider my order.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Glad to be of service Nick!

• Nickodeemus
    replied
    Thanks for the reply Andy,
    the illustration makes sense now! And thanks too for the photo proof!

rgds
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• Andy Dapol
    replied
    Hi Nickodeemus.
    Actually, the artwork only appears to show a grey roof.
    I'll explain: If you look at the key box (top right of the drawing) and squint a bit, you'll see that there are two shades of grey colour patches (B= Dark Grey and F = Light Grey), (this can sometimes be tricky to see on some monitors.)
    The description next to the colour patch states the designation of the colour and its RAL (or other) reference.
    Looking at the drawing with this knowledge, you'll now see that the 'Grey' roof is code 'B' (the dark grey) which represents black. The reason for this, other than us being obtuse, is simply that it allows the black panel lines to show correctly over the 'black' areas which otherwise would be lost to view.

Anticipating your next question, here's a photo

I hope you enjoy your model!
    One of the great things about this model is the wealth of prototypes to choose from, we will issue a set of models each year and will eventually cover most if not all. We're very happy to receive suggestions and we'll do our best to model them.

Leave a comment:

• Nickodeemus
    replied
    Hi Andy,
    so many thanks for your above responses and photo to 08guy...it does help clear up some confusion. The RMweb mob can be particularly 'rabid' at times...

The model at Telford looked smashing and I'm so looking forward to receiving mine.

I have a question concerning D3219 'Green with Wasp stripes', which I have on order with Hattons, and would like some confirmation about the illustration in your Post #1 showing the whole of the top of the loco being grey.

I am hoping you can confirm that this is simply an illustration error, and that the actual model will only have a grey roof? - exactly like the illustration shows in the limited edition model for DCC Supplies

best regards
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• Andy Dapol
    replied
    08guy I've responded as a separate post so I can attach a picture:
    Black radiator grill - Never happened
    True, at least as 80202 is concerned, however variations of this do exist within the current production, hence the error - this is corrected for production.

Black roof - never happened on 80202]
    Please refer to the photo

Red con-rods with yellow buffers - again, never happened.
    Again, please refer to the photo.

One other thing which you will possibly spot from the photo (though rather dirty), is that the sample of 08202 that you saw at Telford has all 4 black stripes wrapped around to the side of the hood. In fact the top two stripes did not wrap, the area being plain yellow - this is was also corrected for production.
    The 08 series is quite a minefield, one thing we can be sure of is that almost every permutation did occur, somewhere!
    I trust this helps put your mind at rest regarding authenticity and research? I also hope that you will agree that the choice of what would appear to be well documented, but little known details with the liveries makes the model more interesting?
    Last edited by Andy Dapol; 8 September 2016, 16:11.

Leave a comment:

• 08guy
    commented on 's reply
    Black radiator grill - Never happened
    Black roof - never happened on 80202
    Red con-rods with yellow buffers - again, never happened.

All easy to spot if your research was good

• Andy Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for your posting. I'd like to start by correcting a couple of points:
    1) Richard is Dapols Project Development Manager, Joel Bright is our MD. Richard is not a director of the company.
    2) Until a model is in the shops it is not final, When samples are shown, errors will be present (see further explanation below).
    3) The model is currently in production and (at the time of writing) is about 8 weeks from arrival,

To explain further; the models on show were all pre-production samples, not production samples (i.e. samples of production items) and yes, the model will not be changed from the approved version, BUT the Telford sample was not the approved sample and did contain errors. This may seem to be splitting hairs, but is very important as you have drawn the conclusion that incorrect features of the sample have been put into production. I assure you this is not the case and a number of corrections have been made.

Dapols policy is to share the development of our models 'warts and all' as we progress through to production. (We created the Dapol Digest around this concept, to enable open 2-way feedback).

With 08 202 the corrections were discussed directly with the factory during one of our regular visits, therefore the time involved (about 2 months) to re-sampling was saved. I hope you will understand that saving a further 2 month delay was a consideration worth making. This does mean that mis-understandings can potentially occur, as, until we receive the production sample the model we are able to display is not the final version. I am sure that Richard would have mentioned this during your conversation, although if it was busy and your exchange was more of quick questions perhaps this nuance was not noted?

Perhaps you could list the errors you have spotted?
Working...
X