Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received my Black 08, well it has been well worth the wait. Well done Dapol.

Comment

Why are there no O gauge locos listed in the Dapol shop pages ?

Comment

Just want to echo what a lot of people are saying already. Finally got my 08 in TOPS BR Blue and I'm very impressed! Definitely worth the wait, keep up the good work. I'm really looking forward to the Jinty and the Pannier too.

Comment

Hi can someone please help please as instructions to remove the roof don't appear to work?

Comment

• Neil Dapol
            Neil Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            Gently squeeze the loco body to release the bonnet roof. It can be quite tight the first time it comes off. There are from memory a total of 10 lugs holding it in place.

hope this helps

kind regards

Neil

Many thanks Neil as instructions say gently squeeze roof ( not body). However I can now take off roof thanks again.

Comment

• Neil Dapol
            Neil Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            i presume you are referring to the bonnet roof to access the motor?

Yes i was squeezing the removable bonnet roof to access the PCB on top of the motor to first a DCC not the cab roof . I was following the Decoder installation instruction in pargagraph 'a' which says... "Squeeze the top cover gently and pull upwards to remove". So I assume there is an error in the instruction sheets then if it is the loco body that needs to be squeezed not the top cover. To help other owners would it be possible to place on this digest a set of revised instructions please?

Many thanks,
          Mick

Comment

Hello Neil are you still there?

Comment

• Neil Dapol
              Neil Dapol commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes I'm still here, sorry for the late reply.

Thank you for your comments we will review the instruction sheet and reword as required to better guide people in the removal of the bonnet and post on the website.

Kind Regards

Neil

• Gronk
              Gronk commented
              Editing a comment
              That's good news thanks!

Hi,
            'phone call from DCC Supplies yesterday to pay balance, postie brought this 9am today:

Comment

• Gronk
              Gronk commented
              Editing a comment
              Andy thanks for response .... I have always referred to the original artwork in connection with DCC Supplies version (and directed to by someone from Dapol) which was has until today been posted and available on your Digest (and the same on DCC Supplies website), I see you have now removed image in the last few hours and replaced it with actual photos of the model as supplied. Yes agreed DCC Supplies have changed their artwork but this was very recent and do not agree this had been available for some time. It's a real shame the change was not made more public either by yourselves or DCC Supplies and has rather spoilt the look of the model that I was expecting. Also it has never been possible to see the radiator slat cover in any of the side views on the drawings produced by Dapol apart from showin an end on view which shows expected colour which had been yellow for a long time. Please understand I have invested a significant amount in this product myself and feel a little let down by the unusual livery's that have transpired recently, including the black radiator slat suround with yellow slats on the other Green with wasp striped models with black hoods (?) which have just become are avaible in the last day and again thought these were going to be yellow surrounds. Having said all that it's a truly stunning model and Dapol should applauded for that! (Improved communication would be an improvement though... Clarity and no surprises please).

Regards,

Mick
              End Customer
              Last edited by Gronk; 23rd December 2016, 18:29.

• Andy Dapol
              Andy Dapol commented
              Editing a comment
              @ Gronk, This running number would have been incorrect with Yellow louvres and was corrected as part of the artwork review process which took place some time back.
              The images were not updated here, prompted by your post I uploaded final product photographs, however DCC supplies artwork was. The photographs were added to their website on Thursday.
              I understand that you contacted DCC supplies earlier this morning to arrange return/refund of your model via their returns policy. I'm sorry that you have been dissapointed.

We attempt to produce accurate liveries and models which reflect the individuality of the prototype, therefore each model is based on detail research into the version produced which includes photographs. Every model produced reflects the prototype.
              I note that you express on other forums a stong preference for more generic models, however with the class 08 it simply is not possible to produce a gamult of models within one release, nor to produce a generic 08, some (depending on the depot) maybe more common than others.
              If your preference of model has not been produced, then (subject to supporting evidence being available) it will be in the future since models of all body variations and liveries will eventually be produced, this will include livery variations of already released body types.

Perhaps you would wish to indicate sources for reference material of those livery types you would prefer? Such suggestions are always welcome and would be used in production of furture models.

• Gronk
              Gronk commented
              Editing a comment
              Andy , nice to see your response...
              It would be of great help to us the customer if some of the photos that were used at the design stage were made available and updated if a change was going to be made. We don't have access to what you are planning but it might help with the customer/supplier relations and prevent the surprises I mentioned. Are you able to provide some photo examples for this loco as I have not found any myself? If this was possible then I may decide to accept.

You mentioned generic yes please something along the lines of what most people will come across on the internet and in real life, I won't dwell on what this means as I assume you fully understand what this is from all of your research and the loud and clear omments made on other forums which you do monitor by the sound of it (but it's a shame it's always been one way with no response leading to more severe comments and feelings I guess). The referencece material I use is taken from the Wild Swan Publications No 12 the Diesel-Electric Shunters book which includes livery details.

Going back to your photographic evidence you have access to, can you make some of this available on thiis forum please as it would really help me, owners and potential customers?

Many thanks

Any green 08s in stock . How much with club discount

Comment

• Joel Dapol
              Joel Dapol commented
              Editing a comment
              HI Graham, I am afraid this model was oversold and currently we have no free stock. If this situation changes and some stock becomes available, I will let you know. Price with discount would be £169.

Andy, could you respond please to my last post as it would b very helpful to see the photos that you said were used to make the last minute change in livery spec for DCC Supplies verison?

Many thanks

Comment

• Gronk
              Gronk commented
              Editing a comment
              Got fed up with waiting for a response to a very simple question which you were unable to answer for some reason, so I have returned the loco for a refund. If you had responded with the photo you said you have then I had planned to keep the loco. I take it from lack of response you found it difficult to find the photos you said you had. Not a good shopping experince.

Any more green 08s in the pipeline

Comment

• Joel Dapol
              Joel Dapol commented
              Editing a comment
              We are just considering this now and will post here if we decide to go ahead. Do you have any preference?

Got 1 today at bristol thanks. bought at 10 and straight on to Milton abbas shunting.perfect

Comment

Forgot to add photo

Comment

I still believe the livery DC Supplies class 08 special order which appeared to have changed at the last minute was an odd choice and a request to see the photos Dapol said it had never materialised (?).

However I did purchase several other Dapol Blue class 08's which I am very happy with so feel I really have supported Dapoleven though I was not happy initially. I would like to purchase at least two more locos from the new batch expected this year and hope it would be possible to provide details of livery to help with pre- ordering please especially for 7D-008-008 BR Green with Wasp Stripes (chevrons) Early Crest numbered D3305, i.e. what is roof colour, bonnet colour, radiator colour, etc. Hope this will be possible please?

Comment

Sorry to trouble you again but would you be able to respond to my last post please....

Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X