X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Ward
    replied
    Was told when purchased about lights problem on DC and this would be corrected when a decoder was fitted. So after reading the instructions supplied with the loco I purchased a sound decoder, when this was fitted the problem with the lights changed. Now the upper direction lights work OK but the rear red and white lights come on as soon as power is switched on and do not switch to the front with change in direction. The decoder fitted is a ESU Locksound. I have since been told by my local model shop that I need to use at least a 5 function chip as supplied by Zimo. Can anyone verify this and if correct why was this not stated in the instructions.

Leave a comment:

• Elvinley
    replied
    Mine is now sound fitted and performs well in all aspects. very happy with this loco.

Leave a comment:

• Elvinley
    replied
    My replacement 08 is a lovely runner. need to check lights on DCC but the directional top lights work fine. It is a great looking model...really looks the part.

Leave a comment:

• Graham Burberry
    commented on 's reply
    Test run wheel rim is not fixed to centre have returned for repair / replacement

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Ian that's good to know and that I guess shows some of the complexities of this model as things changed over the locomotives long life.

• Elvinley
    replied
    One more thing...Charlie shouldn't even have a top light if you look on the real thing. Should have windscreen wipers though

Leave a comment:

• Elvinley
    replied
    Also they would be all left on for the duration of shunting. There was no light fitted to the top of either end so we just had the four lights lit. They were actually switched on with switches under the lights themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Elvinley
    replied
    Joel I can't be certain as to how things were set up in the past but when I worked on 08s with EWS we had one red and one white each end. these were the only lights we had unless an external light was fitted.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Ian, I have just seen your email and will respond now. I am not sure that permanent shunter mode for DC would be better. At the end of the day in DC a compromise is always going to be the case unless we included switches for every operation and this would be expensive and probably unsightly or a real faff. Happy to argued with on this however, and if the majority of people would prefer shunting lights (red and white at both ends permanently on) with a directional marker light we can look at this in the future.

• Elvinley
    replied
    Have written to Joel. The top marker is only working in the bonnet first direction, so definitely a fault.. One white and one red on the bottom at each end would be much better for DC users of this loco.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Dapol
    replied
    Sorry to hear you are having issues, there is only meant to be the top directional light in direction of travel in DC mode. I have run 7 or 8 models in the last two days in DC mode and found them to be extreamly good runners. If your issue persists please contact [email protected] for assistance.

Kind Regards

Neil

Leave a comment:

• Elvinley
    replied
    Mine arrived. Looks amazing but faulty lights and poor running on DC. I just don't have any luck with Dapol locos

Leave a comment:

• Graham Burberry
    replied
    CHARLIE HAS ARRIVED
    Well done dapol brilliant model looks better than I expected .

Leave a comment:

• Graham Burberry
    replied
    Any update on charlie .

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Graham, They are just about to be shipped now (by air) and will be in the UK very shortly. However, customs on both sides can hold things up and may take up to a week. I very much doubt you will it by Friday I am afraid, sorry!
Working...
X