This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie - 08 Shunter exclusive to Dapol Collectors Club Members

Charlie the Dapol Collectors Club Exclusive 08 Shunter - First decorated samples now available to view.

Regards
    Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Originally posted by Neil Dapol View Post
    Charlie the Dapol Collectors Club Exclusive 08 Shunter - First decorated samples now available to view.
    Looks good what's the release date ?

Comment

They are in production now and we will keep you posted as to when they are getting shipped and when you can expect to see them arrive in country.
      Regards
      Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Will have one when you get them in

Comment

ordered one look forward to its arrival

Comment

Does anyone know how one actually orders one? Details of the model in the latest Collectors club newsletter, but no instructions (that I could see) on how to order it.

Comment

• Neil Dapol
              Neil Dapol commented
              Editing a comment
              E-mail [email protected] and we will send you out an order form or alternately you can call the office. Club exclusives are not avaliable over the Internet.

Any update on delivery date

Comment

• Joel Dapol
              Joel Dapol commented
              Editing a comment
              They are in production now and we will air-freight these in, so around 3 weeks time we should have them here.

Any chance of charlie arriving by friday ? Got weymouth show sat sun

Comment

• Joel Dapol
              Joel Dapol commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Graham, They are just about to be shipped now (by air) and will be in the UK very shortly. However, customs on both sides can hold things up and may take up to a week. I very much doubt you will it by Friday I am afraid, sorry!

Any update on charlie .

Comment

CHARLIE HAS ARRIVED
              Well done dapol brilliant model looks better than I expected .

Comment

• Graham Burberry
                Graham Burberry commented
                Editing a comment
                Test run wheel rim is not fixed to centre have returned for repair / replacement

Mine arrived. Looks amazing but faulty lights and poor running on DC. I just don't have any luck with Dapol locos

Comment

Sorry to hear you are having issues, there is only meant to be the top directional light in direction of travel in DC mode. I have run 7 or 8 models in the last two days in DC mode and found them to be extreamly good runners. If your issue persists please contact [email protected] for assistance.

Kind Regards

Neil
                Regards
                Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Have written to Joel. The top marker is only working in the bonnet first direction, so definitely a fault.. One white and one red on the bottom at each end would be much better for DC users of this loco.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                    Joel Dapol commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Ian, I have just seen your email and will respond now. I am not sure that permanent shunter mode for DC would be better. At the end of the day in DC a compromise is always going to be the case unless we included switches for every operation and this would be expensive and probably unsightly or a real faff. Happy to argued with on this however, and if the majority of people would prefer shunting lights (red and white at both ends permanently on) with a directional marker light we can look at this in the future.

Joel I can't be certain as to how things were set up in the past but when I worked on 08s with EWS we had one red and one white each end. these were the only lights we had unless an external light was fitted.

Comment

Also they would be all left on for the duration of shunting. There was no light fitted to the top of either end so we just had the four lights lit. They were actually switched on with switches under the lights themselves.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                      Joel Dapol commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hi Ian that's good to know and that I guess shows some of the complexities of this model as things changed over the locomotives long life.
                  Working...
                  X