Class 122 decorated samples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class 122 decorated samples

A quick progress update on the O gauge Class 122. We have received the decorated samples and are compiling a list of tweaks. A few colour changes and build errors, but I hope you'll agree that they are coming along nicely though.
    These models along with some other 'goodies' will be on display at the O Gauge Guild exhibition in Telford during the weekend of the 1st and 2nd September. As usual Richard and I will be available for technical discussion. Hope to see some of you there!
    Regards
    Andy

Dapol Staff Member

A couple more photos showing the interior detail of these models.
    Regards
    Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Bit late to the party here, but surely the green version would not have the high intensity headlamp?

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        It should 121034 does have the high-intensity headlight. If you Google "Class 121034" you will see picture after picture of this unit with a high-intensity headlight

Interesting, when did they start fitting them?

Comment

• IanS
        IanS commented
        Editing a comment
        I think we are dealing with a 1980s/90s 'heritage green' livery car here rather than a 1960s green. The car would not have been 'class 121' in the 1960s as that's a TOPS designation introduced on the units in the mid-1970s and not actually carried by the units until the (late?) 1980s. Up until then they were 'car number 550xx', or occasionally a 'unit number', where often the single cars had the last two digits of the unit number matching the last two digits of the car number.

So the 1960s era green would not have had the high-intensity headlight and would have a working train description headcode panel, the more recent heritage green 'unit 121xxx' would have the headcode box plated over and headlight fitted.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Aha good, that was my thoughts, BR green stuff I could never remember having HI headlamps.

sorted.

Comment

Working...
      X