Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Newman
    commented on 's reply
    Jeremiah, It seems that mumbling, grumbling and dissent in the ranks is "hereditary" in this hobby, I was looking back on NGF late last night at the thread on Dapol class 52 Westerns in 2013 and the same thing was going on then--and if you go forward in time 5years or so, most likely it will still be going on!! Although one thing did stand out as a predominant problem--QC (Quality Control) and another subject I don't want to get into on this thread--enough said!!

Chris

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    "I doubt that many, other than real enthusiasts, even read or contribute to forums such as this or the NGF, let alone think the way you describe."
    I stick to my opinion, I acknowledge the fact that there's a lot of real enthusiasts out there, and from my experience it's the real enthusiasts and amatuer YouTubers who are more understanding. "Most" of the others are quite influencial and tend to have a minor double standard. As a person who is part of a lot of forums from all over the world, it's quite clear about us. You are free to disagree with my views, but it's something I personally noticed.

"You too are drawing conclusions about the 'average British modeler' based on a few opinions posted."
    I will politely disagree with that, your definition and my definition of few clearly are different. I shall take care in future as to word my posts carefully so as not to allow others to misunderstand. Previous post duly edited.
    Last edited by JeremiahBunyan; 2 April 2017, 11:40.

• austinbob
    replied
    Unfortunately people do jump to conclusions based on other peoples' statements. If you look at the link posted by Chris Newman he does not categorically state the project is cancelled he says 'So, it appears that Dapol will not now be producing the promised Bulleid Light Pacifics in air-smoothed or modified form.'
    In addition your comment about the average British modeler - "dislike a company = talk any rubbish and somehow include the so called best brand whilst ignoring their obvious drawbacks" - is talking about an awful lot of modelers - I doubt that many, other than real enthusiasts, even read or contribute to forums such as this or the NGF, let alone think the way you describe.
    You too are drawing conclusions about the 'average British modeler' based on a few opinions posted.

Bob Austin

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Another modeler who has simply misunderstood everything (seemingly on purpose), jumped to his own conclusion and caused nothing but rumours to float. No disrespect to him/her, but that's the kind of thing that's uncalled for. A very typical characteristic from many British modelers - "dislike a company = talk any rubbish and somehow include the so called best brand whilst ignoring their obvious drawbacks"

Other companies are just as guilty as delays and errors.
    Last edited by JeremiahBunyan; 2 April 2017, 11:43.

• Chris Newman
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Jeremiah, the statement is the first line and a bit, of a review of Bachman/Farish Loco's hopefully this link (copied and pasted) should take you there:-
    http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/in...?topic=36998.0 (You will probably have to copy and paste as I cant seem to make this work properly).

Chris

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Very true. Out of interest do you have the link to the thread in the NGF where that comment was posted?

• Chris Newman
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Jeremiah, yes the "Gloom & Doom" squad have been trying to have a field day, but I honestly believe that what is being done by the company is totally right, raising cash from moulds already "owned" by them in issuing new HST Booksets and supporting coaches, plus another run of 66's will help to raise the capital required to keep the newer projects financed and if people are aware of what we've been told about the timescale of development, I don't think some have really thought it through properly or thoroughly before whining and complaining!!

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds a lot like the folk from RMweb (no offence to the actual forum) who unnecessarily jump to conclusions and came up with the silliest of theories before Dapol could even put up an official list which they did.

Another Dapol basher who was only looking to spread false rumours.

• Chris Newman
    replied
    Hi Team Dapol, I've just got off the NGF site after reading a post by a chap "ODRAILS" dated 24/3, who states that the WC/BoB project is totally cancelled. I know from recent posts there are delays and slow downs, but I would ask for clarification on this particular project please!!

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Chris Newman
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds a good idea--but as I've just joined NGS and been told quite emphatically that once something sells out there's not normally any re-runs--which means in the future once your initial batch is sold out you would get no renumbering's or renaming that you would from Dapol!!

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    I'd love it if a company like RevolutioN take up the crowdfunding initiative and Dapol can produce the loco then. Similar to your but with a slight difference.

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Good idea, but it'll take the same time. Unless ofcourse you're referring to Dapol and then they clearly told me that crowd-funding isn't a mthod they ever want to use.

• CeeDee
    replied
    Perhaps there is a case for tryting to crowd-fund a WC / BoB project through the N Gauge Soc.???? Just a thought......

Leave a comment:

• austinbob
    commented on 's reply
    Likewise I think the recent delays (cancellations!!) have confirmed that it is just not worth pre-ordering locos as they never seem to arrive when promised (estimated?). Hopes are raised and then dashed. Just not worth worrying about.
    In Dapol's defence, if that's the right word, Graham Farish are not that much better in this respect. So I just don't do pre-orders any more.
    I am looking more and more to old second hand locos to find the classes I want now. What a shame!!
    Bob Austin

• doug22150
    commented on 's reply
    I would certainly have been happy with a tender-driven WC/BoB (especially if the alternative is nothing at all). I'm very happy with the running of my Schools, Britannias and Q1. Tender drive on the Q1 is unobtrusive and the WC/BoB have similar tender-cabs. Improvement to the loco.-tender wires would be a bonus but not essential.
Working...
X