Manor redesign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manor redesign

I was surprised when I purchased an NQP Manor at the open day to see how much has changed from the loco from a couple of years ago (Dapol release - not Ixion).
    The changes I found so far are as follows:

Gears underneath no longer exposed.
    Crank in con rod gone - replaced by a spacer
    Traction tyres fitted.
    Gearing seems different to the slightly older version?

Cheers,
    Ian.

Elvinley, Thanks for the comments Ian. We have a policy if reviewing the performance of models and whenever possible improving them. The Manor benefited from other related projects and we were able to incorporate them into the recent production runs.
    Regards
    Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

OK that's great thanks.

Comment

Would I be correct in saying that the Ixion Manors had the Churchward 3500 gallon tender fitted and later models are the Collet 4000 gallon.

Comment

• Ed-Farms
          Ed-Farms commented
          Editing a comment
          not correct, Manor's and 4000 gallon tenders were rare, if ever - apart from 7802 Bradley in preservation I have never seen a picture of one with anything other than a 3,500 gallon tender

• GWR-Kris
          GWR-Kris commented
          Editing a comment
          thank you ed for your comment, maybe you could clarify to me the difference in the tenders between the Ixion models and the later dapol manors. As the later Manors the tenders are taller than the Ixion models.

• GWR-Kris
          GWR-Kris commented
          Editing a comment
          Scrap that after looking online I think my Manor has a Hall Tender on as it does not match the pictures on the web, hence the confusion on my part.

The Granges are fitted with both.

Comment

Working...
        X