Dapol N gauge Britannia Class - *Review*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dapol N gauge Britannia Class - *Review*

To start of I'd love to thank Dapol for offering us "Dapol Collector's Club" members a chance to buy some stunning models are some exceptional bargain prices. I managed to buy Dapol's N gauge Britannia Class #70021 named "Morning Star". This was bought when Dapol kindly extended the Collector's Club order to those who couldn't make it to the Open Day.

Ordering was simple and fast, dispatch came soon after and it was delivered within a week and a half. Packed superbly. Apart from Shapeways I've never seen other companies pack models so securely.

Out of the box I must add that the packaging is very tight and firm and holds the model well. The model was smooth straight out of the box. Noisy only a bit but it has been becoming quieter and quieter. I've not had a chance to add the detailing parts yet but will do so soon. The level of detail is astounding. I think the shade of BR Green is quite a good representation. Moulding and painting is crisp.

Overall I am absolutely pleased with the model, so far I've only got one complaint about it and it's something I see as a recurring complaint. The motion gear is so fine which is good, but the issue is that it's cast using a very soft metal so many parts bend very very easily. I definitely urge Dapol to look out and try and fix this in future models. A harder metal to cast the connecting rods is a must. It's easily damaged in it's current state. Otherwise it's a splendid model.

I'll conclude by adding a link to images of my model on my flickr photostream. Do have a look and if you have free time then have a look at all the pictures.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/swrfan...57689861916604

I'd rate the Dapol N Gauge Britannian Class a solid 9.5/10

Cheers to Dapol for such a superb model.

Regards,
    Jeremiah Bunyan.
    Jeremiah Bunyan...
Working...
X