Class 7MT Britannia 4-6-2 Pacific Index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class 7MT Britannia 4-6-2 Pacific Index

I'm trying to put my finger on an list of all the Class 7MT Britannia 4-6-2 Pacifics that Dapol has released in N Gauge. I own most but not all that I can find information on.
    Can anyone verify the list below as complete and in particular if the last two listed were actually ever released?

ND095A Britannia Pacific 4-6-2 70000 "Britannia" in BR Green with late crest and original smoke deflectors.
    ND095AD Britannia Pacific 4-6-2 70000 "Britannia" in BR green with late crest and original smoke deflectors. DCC Fitted.

ND095E Britannia Pacific 4-6-2 70004 "William Shakespeare" in British Railways Green with late crest.

2S-017-001 Class 7MT Britannia 4-6-2 70006 "Robert Burns" in BR green with early emblem.
    2S-017-001D Class 7MT Britannia 4-6-2 70006 "Robert Burns" in BR green with early emblem. DCC Fitted

2S-017-002 Class 7MT Britannia 4-6-2 70009 "Alfred the Great" in BR green with late crest.
    2S-017-002D Class 7MT Britannia 4-6-2 70009 "Alfred the Great" in BR green with late crest. DCC Fitted

ND095B Britannia Pacific 4-6-2 70013 "Oliver Cromwell" in British Railways Green with early crest.
    ND095BD Britannia Pacific 4-6-2 70013 "Oliver Cromwell" in British Railways Green with early crest. DCC Fitted.

ND-OSB1 Britannia Pacific 4-6-2 70014 "Iron Duke" in British Railways Green with early crest. - Ltd. Edition Run of 200

2S-017-003 Class 7MT Britannia 4-6-2 70015 "Apollo" in BR green with early emblem.
    2S-017-003D Class 7MT Britannia 4-6-2 70015 "Apollo" in BR green with early emblem. DCC Fitted

2S-017-004 Class 7MT Britannia 4-6-2 70021 "Morning Star" in BR green with late crest.
    2S-017-004D Class 7MT Britannia 4-6-2 70021 "Morning Star" in BR green with late crest. DCC Fitted

ND095G Britannia Pacific 4-6-2 70022 "Tornado" in British Railways Green with late crest.

2S-017-005 Class 7MT Britannia 4-6-2 70025 "Western Star" in BR green with late crest - weathered.
    2S-017-005D Class 7MT Britannia 4-6-2 70025 "Western Star" in BR green with late crest - weathered. DCC Fitted.

ND095F Britannia Pacific 4-6-2 70030 "William Wordsworth" in British Railways Green with late crest.

ND095C Britannia Pacific 4-6-2 70038 "Robin Hood" in British Railways Green with early crest.

ND095H Britannia Pacific 4-6-2 70048 "The Territorial Army" in British Railways Green with late crest. - Was this Ever Released ?

ND095D Britannia Pacific 4-6-2 70050 "Firth of Clyde" in BR green with late crest. - Was this Ever Released ?

It would be great if Dapol could put a Class index of all their products in each relevant section of the forum with part, number, name, livery, DCC compatibility & initial & re-run release dates.

Is anyone able to advise?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      The list above is complete and indeed ND095H and ND095D were cancelled and never produced. I hope that helps.

• r23betts
      r23betts commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Joel that fills that gap and confirms which I need to complete the released set.

Does that mean that William Shakespeare (95E) and Tornado (95G) were only produced as analogue? I have one of each running DCC but in each case I chipped them myself.

Les

Comment

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, these were released before we offered fitted derivatives.

I have wanted a Britannia with Western pattern smoke deflectors ever since Dapol started selling them and I bought a weathered example 70025 Western Star at TINGS as I just happened to have a set of nameplates and at £60 it seemed too good to miss, however when I got it home and tested it, it wouldn't move at all. a quick stripdown proved the problem to be that the left hand piston rod was glued to the cylinder! a little gentle twisting freed it and once the excess had been scraped off and the loco reassembled it ran ok albeit with a bit of a wobble which was cured by replacing the left hand traction tyre, the right hand one seeming to be ok.
    running in then proceeded with no further problems, and the Peedie models etches were prepared and fitted, along with a crew and real coal in the tender. all that needs doing now is to weather the new smoke deflectors to match the rest of the loco, which I will do once I have had a bit of practice with the new airbrush I bought a couple of years ago!

Comment

• robert shrives
      robert shrives commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow nice job !
      Robert

any chance this one can be resurrected Britannia Pacific 4-6-2 70050 "Firth of Clyde" in BR green with late crest.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, we need to look at another batch of Britannia's for the future. Firth of Clyde has a alternative tender I believe and may require a little re-tooling.

Hi any chance of looking at valve gear material I find it all a bit soft and return crank a weakness, compared to the farish Std 5 rods and motion seems out of sorts - looks the part but not beefy enough for handling. I wonder if current stamps/ die cutters would work with something stronger than currently used, otherwise its a lovely model and now even used atop 2mmfs chassis.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Robert, thanks for the comments, we'll take a look.

I'd love to see Dapol produce 70003 "John Bunyan"...reason is simple, that's my dad's name (yes I know it's named after my dad) and my ancestry traces back to a "Bunyan" family in Wales.
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Working...
    X