No announcement yet.

21-03-16 N Valanced A4s Released for Production

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any prospective date we can expect to see these on the shelves ?
    and/or an answer to the question, RE the pictured 2510 Quicksilver ?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      They are on the high seas now so should be here in a few weeks.

Does anyone know where I can either get the coaches to match the Silver Fox/Quicksilver, or how to kitbash them?

Comment

There is no N gauge Silver Jubilee train available and it is not something you can kitbash convincingly. Bill Bedford (Mousa Models) offers 2mm scale etched brass kits for the train that can reportedly work for N gauge--I have a set waiting to be made and am working on building up the courage to tackle them. Bill produces his 2mm kits on demand once or twice a year. Fox do transfers.

The grey A4s were built for the Silver Jubilee service but did pull other trains on occasion, the Flying Scotsman for example. Teak Gresley stock is therefore not entirely inappropriate. They are also recorded hauling the Harrogate Pullman, so the old Graham Farish Pullman coaches could be used--these have the correct livery for the period but represent earlier wooden stock. By the mid 30s steel coaches were in use on the East Coast Main Line. That these exquisite carriages, which served in all regions for many decades, have not been reproduced in N gauge is a mystery to me. The Hornby Brighton Belle shows that it can be done. Surely this has to be one of the biggest gaps in the market and something almost every modeler would want to own.
      ​​​​​​

​​​
      Last edited by Jondi; 7th September 2016, 12:54.

Comment

2S-008-011 / 2S-008-011D
        Class A4 4-6-2 2512 "Silver Fox" in LNER grey with valances / DDC Fitted

https://www.modellbahnunion.com / https://www.en.dm-toys.de
        Have Class A4 4-6-2 2510 "Quicksilver" in LNER grey with valances / DDC Fitted
        To be listed as item MBSPEC1 which answers my earlier question on what happened to its release.

The shipment for all variants of valanced A4's should arrive last week of September or 1st week of October 2016 - Cheers TINGS.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
          Joel Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          Silver Fox will be delayed unfortunately, we have found a problem in QC that will require some rectification.

looking forward to theses I'm looking to buy GoldenEagle a friend of mine has gone for the Osbourne models exclusive 4903 Peregrine

Comment

Does the DCC Decoder support ABC Braking Mode (asynchronous DCC)?

Comment

• Andy Dapol
            Andy Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            ABC is a Lenz propriety braking method, which is supported by Loksound in addition to Lenz. The decoders fitted to our loco support brake on DC.

Dapol once again you've preformed with flying colours!

I picked up 4482 Golden Eagle From Invicta Model Rail gave her a good run in & chipped her fantastic model there was a choice between this and empire of India, but I went for Golden Eagle being something different. Plus I do like to see and A4 in Green especially in LNER Doncaster green and after seeing the Colour photograph in the Big four in Colour 1935-1950 by David Jenkinson a book I Highly recommend for the Modeller to see not only all the Big Four in there Hay day with there many Lush and striking livery's but to see the Experimental period Hint some good idea's in hear for perhaps future dapol projects wink wink nudge nudge at the start of nationalisation. To quote or say where the picture of 4482 is, is on page 54 taken in December 1936. Getting back to the model fantastic once again. even Our Club President Professor Tim Watson & The layout leader of Copenhagen fields was highly impressed with the model & livery. good job once again team

P.S will it be possible to do LNER A4's with Teak coach packs in the future?

Comment

Golden Eagle looks great Southernlad! I've got Sea Eagle in garter blue and am very happy with it. I'm also very pleased to see that the numbering and lettering on this recent batch is much nicer/improved than on my LNER A3s and seeing the axle boxes lined out on your model is great!

Need to get a job and save some money because Golden Eagle and Silver Fox are definitely on my wish list!

Comment

Any news on the release of 2S-008-011A A4Valanced Silver Fox LNER Silver Grey?

​​​​​​It appears to be being put back further and further each month.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                Joel Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi We received these last week but have put them into quarantine as we found livery blemishes on the ose end which we found unacceptable. A full post on our website will be made shortly.

Originally posted by r23betts View Post
              Any news on the release of 2S-008-011A A4Valanced Silver Fox LNER Silver Grey?

​​​​​​It appears to be being put back further and further each month.
              Hi Joel Dapol Has a full post been released on the website and I've missed it? Is there any timeline for when these will actually be released?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                Joel Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                A post has not been issued yet as we do not have a new release date yet. The full batch has been rejected and new decorated body shells have to be produced. My best guess for re-delivery would be September unfortunately :-( my apologies.

• JeremiahBunyan
                JeremiahBunyan commented
                Editing a comment
                That's sad to hear Joel, but Dapol have done the right thing. I really admire your actions taken to make the correct model. I hope others understand that it was for the best. It'll be a pity if they don't understand.

• Mustermark
                Mustermark commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree there Jeremiah. Much better later, and unblemished. Great to see a high standard being held to.

Hi Joel & Andy - hoping for an update on the September re-delivery date if possible please?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                Joel Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                The Silver fox should be in stock within the next 10 days

• r23betts
                r23betts commented
                Editing a comment
                That's great news, thanks Joel :-D

Picked mine up from the shop yesterday, looks fantastic.
              So that's Silver Link, Quicksilver & Silver Fox - what's the chances of Silver King being released in the same livery to complete the set?

Comment

Andy Dapol Joel Dapol : Any chance these will be for sale on the Dapol web-shop?

Comment

• Neil Dapol
                  Neil Dapol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Paul,

They will be on the website early next week

Regards

Neil

• PaulShanahanUK
                  PaulShanahanUK commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Neil, much appreciated.

Well, order and received the Silver Fox A4 direct from a Dapol. It's been a wee while coming, but it was well worth the wait. I have to say the detail of this model is brilliant, and I'm very impressed by the fox itself, etched with superb detail. It's such a gorgeous little model. I'm very impressed. Good work Dapol!

Comment

• Andy Dapol
                  Andy Dapol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks PaulShanahanUK. We apologise for the delay, QC delays happen from time to time, but as you can see, it's paid off in the end.
              Working...
              X