New liveries release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New liveries release

any idea when the four new versions of the Terrier might be released, the original announcement in April gave 3rd quarter 2018 it is now nearly the end of the 4th Quarter with no mention of them again. A pre order was made for a Christmas present we are now anxious that they may not appear in time.

They are now in the production queue and I will soon have a firm date which on receipt, I will post here. I am afraid they will not be ready for Christmas, so please accept my apologies for that.
    Regards
    Joel

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Over 3 months later and still no sign

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Production is due to finish next week and delivery into the UK will be around 6 weeks after. My apologies for the delay.

Just been informed that these are now not due until June July why announce models so far in advance of them being ready, these have missed being a Christmas present and now will miss being a Birthday present, as these are re runs of an existing model I don’t understand why you announce them before they have been produced or at least about to be produced we would not then have an unrealistic expectation of receiving them.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to intervene....but these models aren't always targeted for Christmas or birthdays. There's endless amount of delays that can occur during the production process. They could've spotted an error in the livery which wasn't seen before. The wrong tooling combination could've been used. The factory could've faced an issue (man made or natural). The reasons for delays are endless.

The delay is absolutely harmless anyway...

Re-runs are announced in advance so that companies can judge demand. So even if they thought something would sell, the pre-order pattern can tell a company how much of demand there is for a model.

• Alan Arnold
        Alan Arnold commented
        Editing a comment
        I can understand small delays but these took twice as long to arrive as originally announced, as such my wife has said she will not preorder a model again and will only buy if they are already in stock because she was fed up with this model missing various occasions, as well as previous model delay, if the companies rely on preorders to decide the validity of a model I fear we will end up with a catch 22 position.

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a hobby Alan, I told you there's a number of reasons for delays. The delay in the arrival of a model train is hardly life-threatening and no reason to get upset. If you ask nicely they'll probably tell you why.

Manufacturers can at best give you an ETA based on general durations it normally takes to conduct R&D and manufacture a model. However not every model is the same, one or two errors can have long knock-on delays. It's hardly an issue. The issue rises only because we really try hard to find issues. I cannot blame a company for a delay without knowing anything about the delay. Neither can I blame them if I decided I want XYZ for my birthday or Christmas and then get upset over it because I imagined it will be there on time. ETAs are estimates and not contracts. Dapol never signed any document stating that the model will reach UK shores on a specific day. They gave us an ETA for a reason.

Pre-orders aren't even harmless, you don't make a down-payment for it anyway, it's just a pre-order. I don't see the reason to get upset about that either. Anyway if waiting for a model reassures you and your wife, then by all means, you only do run the risk of a model selling out and not getting one.

Just got the latest Terrier 32636; what a gem of a model--runs well too.

Comment

Just picked up the SECR model as a rule one, simply because it looks so beautiful. A real little work of art. Haven't had a chance to run it yet but it looks the part sat still!

Comment

Working...
        X