9F Chassis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9F Chassis

I was wondering when an unweathered 9F chassis might be available. I bought a limited edition Black Prince and the drive rods became detached. There has since been only weathered chassis available. I also need a replacement double chimney, Can you or any member help? S.O.S.

Have you tried picking up a good unused one on Ebay? It might not cost more than a new chassis and provide a replacement chimney as well. This video clip is of a 9F that I bought for around £50 - the loco. to tender wires had been resoldered and the tender rocked on the middle axle. I was able to find a little used tender chassis/motor, swapped in over and resoldered the loco. to tender wires. While I was doing that, I fitted Youchoos DCC sound. I'm very pleased with the result.

https://youtu.be/Xi6PzmgJXKY

Comment

Is there the possibility of some new 9Fs? I'd like a BR1F tender really but would still be happy with the re-release of the BR1C.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I am sure we can oblige. The BR1F tender however we do not have available. Do you have any preferred prototypes?

A 92212, as preserved on the MHR would be nice!

Comment

Thank you Joel for your positive reply.. I don't have any preferred prototypes, except maybe just for a single-chimney version such as 92128, as shown in Ian Allan's ''The 9Fs''.

Comment

Working...
        X