Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    I think we will tampo print a representation of the vents on the sides.

• woodbury22uk
    commented on 's reply
    I think that there should be no problem with re-using the existing DVT body moulding. I am sure that somebody will produce a transfer for the vented door for the auxiliary power unit. Good to know that the Chiltern silver livery will be applied to the Mk3s too.

See post #15.1 for vehicle number s in 2018. https://digest.dapol.co.uk/forum/n-g...=6990#post6990
    Last edited by woodbury22uk; 7 March 2020, 08:18. Reason: Added link

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Hello David Just working on this now putting Coach numbers together. Would the consensus be that a our DVT would be suitable compromise? The link with the slam door running numbers has also vanished. Could the coach numbers be confirmed by anyone please?

• DavidInYork
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Edwards View Post
    Will there be any chance now we have the class 68 Chiltern locos that a Modified MK3 model might be on the cards this year for Chiltern or is this more something for the future? I know the DVT would have to be modified
    Dapol seem to have gone quiet on this. Can't really see that it's likely to be viable to modify the DVT, given that it would require tolling changes, and there are only six of those DVTs, in one livery. However, a standard model would be an acceptable compromise to most of us, I would think.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Edwards
    replied
    Will there be any chance now we have the class 68 Chiltern locos that a Modified MK3 model might be on the cards this year for Chiltern or is this more something for the future? I know the DVT would have to be modified

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, much appreciated.

• woodbury22uk
    commented on 's reply
    Look under Chiltern Mainline on this page. The Banbury set is AL05, and all the coaches are standard class TSO although two still have their original FO running numbers. http://abrail.co.uk/lhcsstockformations.htm

See also comment #15.1 under this thread which gives the actual set operating on Tuesday 6 March 2018.

• chriswrightmk
    replied
    David York listed the Banbury set running numbers in post of 15th Decmeber and seem to offer help. Chiltern are usually helpful.and one of best operators.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Do we have the coach numbers for the Banbury set please?

• woodbury22uk
    commented on 's reply
    DavidInYork Thanks for that resumé. So in summary Chiltern Mainline liveried slam door coaches are limited to the Class 67 era, except for the Banbury set which is used with class 68.

• DavidInYork
    commented on 's reply
    Can't remember the exact dates, but the four slam-door sets originated with Wrexham & Shropshire, for whom they were restored with refurbished interiors. The catering vehcles were extensively modified, with a shortened kitchen, new end counter, new seats and disabled toilet. Standard-class carriages retained the original IC70 seats, with new covers. When W&S ceased operating the sets went to Chiltern and the basic silver / grey livery retained, but the 'Mainline' branding replaced the W&S branding.

Subsequently, these four sets were all fitted with power doors and retention toilets. The only slam-doors remaining were at the counter end of the first-class / catering vehicle as apparently it was too dificult and expensive to move the counter area, which would have been necessary, and there are no seats at that end anyway. The doors are now only emergency exits.

The four sets were increased from four to six carriages, with interiors refurbished to be similar to the ex-W&S interiors, although the new lighting differs. Some of these extra coaches were formerly part of the DRS charter set, and were converted from first class by fitting a standard-class interior. Can't remember the exact timing, but think it was done at the same time as the power door work.

The 67s weren't replaced by 68s until well after the above work was done.

The Banbury set was made up of unrefurbished TSOs / FOs and painted in blue/grey. They retained the (ex-Virgin) interiors, although the FOs were refitted with standard-clas seating. This set was subsequently refurbished a couple of years ago with a repaint into its current white and grey livery, and new seat covers, carpets etc. A further stored TSO was also refurbished and repainted from ex-Virgin livery.

Worth noting tha the slam-door set is not compliant with PRM regulations, so can't be used after the end of next year. The power door ones will need new seats as the fixed armrests aren't compliant.

• woodbury22uk
    commented on 's reply
    I think what threw me about the catering car was this image, which appears to have a catering car next to the DVT on an otherwise slam door set in Mainline livery. https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7144/6...1526b05a_b.jpg

and this one

http://lexamanda.com/subtalk/10_uk/DSC_0909_OFF.jpg

Think I am a bit confused about the timing of the introduction of Mainline livery and the plug-door conversions. ;-)
    Last edited by woodbury22uk; 6 March 2018, 13:44. Reason: Added a final sentence.

• DavidInYork
    commented on 's reply
    And they are set in from the ends, whereas the slam doors wrap around the corner of the coach.

• DavidInYork
    commented on 's reply
    There never was a catering vehicle in the Banbury set - it's always been just TSOs. Chiltern have only ever had the four catering vehicles which they inherited from Wrexham & Shropshire, and those are part of the initial four sets which are now fitted with power doors.

Note that the two in the Banbury set which are numbered as FOs are actually now TSOs - I don't know why they didn't renumber them as TSOs when they changed the interior - it's normal practice to renumber in these circumstances.

• woodbury22uk
    commented on 's reply
    Alistair Thanks for the reply. And still a DRS liveried loco today. Also found some set formations here. http://abrail.co.uk/lhcsstockformations.htm
Working...
X