No announcement yet.

New mk3 releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see Hornby are issuing Mark3 coaches as the new sliding door versions. I wonder if this is a feasible tooling modification as look good in X Country and Scotrail livery

Comment

Would definitely be great to see these in N, especially in ScotRail '7 cities' livery and Crosscountry. but as well as the new body design would it require new chassis tooling because of the added retention tank on the new ScotRail, Crosscountry and GWR sets or do they still look the same externally?

Comment

Originally posted by chriswrightmk View Post
        I see Hornby are issuing Mark3 coaches as the new sliding door versions. I wonder if this is a feasible tooling modification as look good in X Country and Scotrail livery
        It would almost certainly be a completely new tooling - and the images on Hornby's website indicate that this is the case with the ones they are producing. Besides which , even in the unlikely event that it proved possible to modify the existing toolings that would probably mean that it would no longer be possible to produce slam-door Mk3s.

I guess it remains to be seen whether Dapol think there is a sufficiently large market in N gauge to make it worth looking at seriously.

Comment

Working...
        X