New mk3 releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mk3 releases

Glad to see that more HST coaches are on the way. Is there any chance of some more loco hauled mk3's, especially inter-city executive livery?

cheers,
    Keith.

So far as I am aware they have only announced HST coaches to go with the new power car sets. Could someone from Dapol tell us whether there are any plans to do the 'missing' coaches to complete sets in previously-released liveries?

Comment

I notice that various Mk3s have appeared on retailers' websites as forthcoming releases. Any chance a full list could be posted here so that we know what to expect? Thanks.

Comment

Was hoping too that we could buy roofs in bulk packs of say 10 for each variant, unpainted bodies etc. Any chance of that happening?

Comment

• Arthur Hodgett
          Arthur Hodgett commented
          Editing a comment
          Joel, brilliant and thanks. Will you be publishing the results of your findings via this thread, or where should I keep looking please?

• Arthur Hodgett
          Arthur Hodgett commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Joel. any updates on the various spare parts for Mk 3 coaches, roofs, etc? I see the coaches are beginning to arrive in the shops. Great!!

• Joel Dapol
          Joel Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          HI Arthur, we are just confirming colours now, so should be in the next 6-8 weeks.

any chance missing Pretendolino coach going to be produced

Comment

• Alistair
          Alistair commented
          Editing a comment
          The missing pretendolino coach has a modified body that doesn't match any of the bodies Dapol has tooled for. It's something to do with the disabled access and space for wheelchairs.

• Arthur Hodgett
          Arthur Hodgett commented
          Editing a comment
          I must admit, I would be happy with a coach with the correct number and letter as a compromise. Currently I double up with an extra coach as it can't be seen that clearly when moving. I know Dapol don't like crowd funding, but if the appropriate number of people committed to a pre-order for one, I wonder if it could be done? It's a pity to have such a beautiful rake all but one coach.

I see from Rails' website that the Grand Central TF is to be numbered 41205. May I suggest that you number it as 41201, 202 or 203 instead?

The reason for this is that GC run their HSTs with a TF in use as such at one end, and a declassified TF at the other end. A few years ago three of the TFs (41201, 202 and 203) were refurbished with new leather seat covers, etc, and it is those three which are used as the first-class coaches. The other three, 204-206, didn't get the refurbishment and are used as the declassified coaches.

In the set with the power cars, you included 41204. It is very unlikely that this would appear in a set with 205 as both are the unrefurbished ones which are normally declassified - hence 41201, 2 or 3 would be a better choice.

Comment

I've been looking at the 5 new HST's and notice the GWR (LA15) seems to be the only complete set, 3 of the others (EC63, EC53, ?) seem to all be missing coach 'C' is this an error? The Eastern Region Blue/Grey version, I can't find details of this set to check it, is anyone able to throw some light on its coach numbers and what year and set is being offered please?

Comment

• chriswrightmk
            chriswrightmk commented
            Editing a comment
            Eastern set was blue/grey ND122h and had power cars 43076/77 and coaches E41077 and 42181 Intercity 125. A new set is due 2d-019-005 and extra coaches -see on line cataogue

With regards to the First Great Western Dynamic Lines livery MK3 coaches, can anyone confirm the a coach 'C' has ever been produced? I can't find any product numbers at all for a 'C' coach and its the only one I am missing from my rake! I'm wondering from the post above if one has ever been produced?

Comment

• carderrail
            carderrail commented
            Editing a comment
            I have had a look through all off the Sets and Coaches and looks like no 'C' has been produced. I will have to look to add the coach reference to my website.

Tony

Some time ago now in these forums about new MK3 coach releases there was a mention of Dapol maybe releasing a BR Pullman in MK3. Can anyone give any update to this.

Comment

• chriswrightmk
            chriswrightmk commented
            Editing a comment
            I sent the idea in with photos and info. Several coaches were named eg Sir Stanley Matthews, Gladstone, Elizabeth Gaskell, John Lennon, Lowrry, Emmeline Pankhurst, Thomas Brassey. Open 1st in Intercity Executive livery with InterCity Pullman lettering and Pullman crests Could bea prestige set with some old publicity leaflets. but seems not toe be progressed.

Thank you carderrail , i will keep one of my spares and look at renumbering

Comment

Hi, I was wondering if the following coach is now available to purchase:
            2P-005-850 EAST MIDLANDS 1ST CLASS 41057 HST

Many thanks,
            Ben.

Comment

• carderrail
              carderrail commented
              Editing a comment
              This coach was released a few months ago but the description is incorrect against the original release information::

2P-005-850 N Gauge MK 3 East Midlands 2nd Class 42111

the First class is:-

2P-005-860 N Gauge MK 3 East Midlands 1st Class 41057

Tony
              Last edited by carderrail; 13 October 2017, 07:08.

• Joel Dapol
              Joel Dapol commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, we have this coach in stock.

Hi, please can you clarify the product number because the picture on the following website is the 2nd class but title is the 1st class:

https://www.dapol.co.uk/2P-005-860-N...ss-41057-J-HST

Also I can't seem to the find the item on any other retailers website except Dapol.co.uk. Is this an exclusive product? One of the major online retailers say they haven't received any of these coaches in stock...I'm confused.

Thanks,
            Ben.

Comment

• carderrail
              carderrail commented
              Editing a comment
              Ben,

Was on general release (we had ours in from Dapol and Gaugemaster).. some online traders have the item numbers wrong way round...see my post...

2P-005-860 is the first class one - I checked the box and contents.....

Regards

Tony

Any idea when the Executive livery Mk3 HST coaches will be released?

Cheers
            Mark

Comment

• Joel Dapol
              Joel Dapol commented
              Editing a comment
              Should be in the next couple of weeks. They should have been in already but berthing delays en route have hit this shipment I am afraid.

• Scruff
              Scruff commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Joel. Looking forward to them arriving.

Cheers
              Mark

Just seen that Oxford Rail have, in their OO range, a 1st class Mk3 coach in Stobart livery which was part of their Pullman rake.
            -very attractive livery.Not sure if any Mk3s are used in Yarmouth/Lowestoft -Norwich services

Still hope Chiltern Mainline livery will be done soon and Mk3 Sleeper. Also not forgetting BR Mk3 Pullmans and N/Rail TGS coaches..

Plenty of scope to maximise tooling.

Comment

Originally posted by chriswrightmk View Post
              Just seen that Oxford Rail have, in their OO range, a 1st class Mk3 coach in Stobart livery which was part of their Pullman rake.
              -very attractive livery.Not sure if any Mk3s are used in Yarmouth/Lowestoft -Norwich services

Still hope Chiltern Mainline livery will be done soon and Mk3 Sleeper. Also not forgetting BR Mk3 Pullmans and N/Rail TGS coaches..

Plenty of scope to maximise tooling.
              The 'Stobart Pullman' was a dining train comprised mostly of Mk3a FOs with Mk1 catering vehicles. It was operated by DRS (the stock was theirs), and didn't last long. The coaches subsequently went into DRS livery and they used them as a charter fleet for a while, and on the Cumbria coast when the road to Workington was washed out. They were later sold to Arriva, and some of them are currently in use with Arriva Trains Wales, and with Chiltern.

No Mk3s are used in the current Anglia diesel-hauled services, although in the past they used two Mk3s and a DVT with top and tail 47s.

Comment

Working...
              X