Mk3 Coaches: any chance of...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk3 Coaches: any chance of...?

Whilst replying to another post below, it occurred to me to ask whether there are any plans to produce future batches of the Mk3 coaches with tinted glazing as per the prototype? I like these models and have built up a large collection but it takes forever to neatly modify them with tinted film to make them look truly authentic. Presumably this would not involve any tooling change, just a darker material for the glazing.

Also, being something of an HST fanboy and all their various formations throughout the years, can we expect a different type of catering vehicle at some point, along the lines of the 3-window TRUB/TRFBs which were ubiquitous in HST sets? Not sure how tricky it would be to adapt the present buffet but this would create a lot of possibilities.

Could i also ask : Mk3 Coaches: any chance of...? I see the Flying scotsman sets coaches all come Light Bar fitted. Have you any plans to provide this option on coaches which can have Light Bars fitted? I assume it would be significnatly cheaper than adding them as an extra as we have to do now?

Comment

BR in Executive liveries had Mk3 as Pullman coaches -many with names - Sir Stanley Matthews, Pankhurst, James Joule, Gladstone, John Lennon, Thomas Brassey, Stubbs, Lowry, Barbirolli, etc

Hornby reliveried LNER coach as departmental coach whilst buffet car was in blue/grey livery 9Some windows blanked).

These could maximise tooling.

Comment

Originally posted by chriswrightmk View Post
        BR in Executive liveries had Mk3 as Pullman coaches -many with names - Sir Stanley Matthews, Pankhurst, James Joule, Gladstone, John Lennon, Thomas Brassey, Stubbs, Lowry, Barbirolli, etc
        Those were some of the Mk3b FOs. Don't think the names lasted beyond Executive livery (which was the original livery for these coaches - they were built in 1985).

Comment

Working...
        X