Mk3 Buffet Coaches - FGW Dynamic Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk3 Buffet Coaches - FGW Dynamic Lines

I was just wondering if you have any plans to redo a run of the FGW Dynamic Lines buffet coaches? They seem to very rarely come up on eBay, and when they do they go for crazy money. I was hoping another run is on the cards so i and many other can obtain one without paying he crazy prices on eBay!

EBay prices are becoming stupid. I have seen something that would suit my layout, but it was just silly money.

Comment

Originally posted by D832Onslaught View Post
      EBay prices are becoming stupid. I have seen something that would suit my layout, but it was just silly money.
      And it's fuelled by the two main online resellers, who both sell second-hand stuff online (one on their own website, one on ebay) at fixed prices which are often as much or more than the item was new - and sometimes for things which are faulty or damaged (and clearly identified as such in the sale listing). Despite the prices, they seem to sell a lot of it too.
      Last edited by DavidInYork; 12 November 2016, 09:56.

Comment

I've previously mentioned the mk3 buffet in FGW and it's exorbitant price on Ebay, if and when it shows up. I'd be happy for another run.

Also agree about said retailers 'behaviour' on Ebay, but I guess it is about supply and demand, so that is capitalism in action....

Comment

I was hoping that if Dapol did a rerun of the FGW HST stock and just maybe some stock for the Night Riviera that they would correct the livery. The Dynamic Lines swoosh is too red it should be more of a pink on the ends. If it was corrected then you would have a mis match if using later stock with earlier stock. Google Shed83a and his photos show the difference in colours.

Comment

Originally posted by geoffc View Post
            I was hoping that if Dapol did a rerun of the FGW HST stock and just maybe some stock for the Night Riviera that they would correct the livery. The Dynamic Lines swoosh is too red it should be more of a pink on the ends. If it was corrected then you would have a mis match if using later stock with earlier stock. Google Shed83a and his photos show the difference in colours.
            There are probably too many carriage types not available to make the Night Riveria practical - Dapol only do the RFM and FO, not the sleepers or the BFO.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidInYork View Post

There are probably too many carriage types not available to make the Night Riveria practical - Dapol only do the RFM and FO, not the sleepers or the BFO.
              If the class 68 is produced in a livery for the Scottish Sleeper then a set of sleeper coaches could be on the cards for this as it would help sales of the 68 as it would have something to haul. If this were to happen, then the Riviera SLEPs are a possibility. The only coach suitable at the moment is the the FO if fitted with buffers, the RFM is wrong in as much that it has large windows opposite the catering area and an extra small window on the other side. At the moment I am carving up a Grand Central body bought at the open day and a FO bought at a toy fair to try to make a more accurate RUB. If it works out I will write an article for Neal.

Comment

If the class 68 is produced in a livery for the Scottish Sleeper then a set of sleeper coaches could be on the cards for this as it would help sales of the 68 as it would have something to haul. If this were to happen, then the Riviera SLEPs are a possibility. The only coach suitable at the moment is the the FO if fitted with buffers, the RFM is wrong in as much that it has large windows opposite the catering area and an extra small window on the other side. At the moment I am carving up a Grand Central body bought at the open day and a FO bought at a toy fair to try to make a more accurate RUB. If it works out I will write an article for Neal.
                The Class 68 has never been used on the sleeper services, you may be thinking of the Class 73/9s now in use.

Comment

I assume you mean a Class 67? Only two of them have been painted in th current Caledonian Sleeper livery, and were only used for a short time (one has since been repainted into DB red livery). Although the 67s were used on the Scottish sleepers for years under the previous franchise, they didn't have a specific livery.

As regards the RFM, it's quite close to being accurate for one of them - 10232 - as that doesn't have the large windows opposite the counter. The others do have these as they were converted from FOs.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidInYork View Post

I assume you mean a Class 67? Only two of them have been painted in th current Caledonian Sleeper livery, and were only used for a short time (one has since been repainted into DB red livery). Although the 67s were used on the Scottish sleepers for years under the previous franchise, they didn't have a specific livery.

As regards the RFM, it's quite close to being accurate for one of them - 10232 - as that doesn't have the large windows opposite the counter. The others do have these as they were converted from FOs.
                    I was informed by a usually reliable source that when the FGW HSTs are transferred to Scotland, that the Scotrail 68s would be available for the Sleeper. In the light of last weeks announcement regarding the electrification of the Western Region that may not happen for a while. As you point out the 67s were used on the Caledonian Sleeper and with the forthcoming Class 92s in Caledonian Sleeper livery I would think there is a market for the SLEPs. Thanks for the heads up on 10232 I was working from photos of the other two 10219 and 10225.

Comment

• CaleyDave
                      CaleyDave commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Unless your source is close to senior GBRF team i fear there may be some wires being crossed here.
                      There are only 2 dedicated Scotrail 68's (For Albelio Scotrail who are now separate from Caledonian sleeper) so additional 68 would need to be found. Whilst there is no technical reason why the class 68 couldn't work the current sleepers or the new CAF MK5's (As they will pull the TPE CAF Mk5's) GBRF are responsible for the sleeper traction (As appointed by Serco) and it is unlikely they will want to continue subcontracting out work to other company's (90's Freightliner, 67 DB, 68 DRS). The Class 73 are having modifications to fix the problems with the alternator which were making them unreliable but are otherwise perfectly capable.

The transfer of HST to Scotrail will happen soon regardless of electrification progress.

• DavidInYork
                      DavidInYork commented
                      Editing a comment
                      As mentioned in the reply above, it seems very unlikely that 68s would get used on the sleepers - the 68s are all DRS locos, and the two in Scotrail livery have just been vinylled for a fairly short-term contract. DRS have long-term contracts to supply 68s for use on the Chiltern Mk3 sets, and for the Transpennine new Mk5 sets when these arrive. That's not going to leave that many for DRS' own use as it is.

Given that the traction supplier to the Caledonian sleeper is, as already mentioned, GBRF, and that the 68s are brand new locos so will be expensive to hire, using them for one out and back train a day would be a very expensive way of doing it. If the 73/9s prove to be a problem long-term then 67s would seem more likely as they are older and there's not a lot of work for them at the moment, so they would doubtless be cheaper.

Originally posted by clowen84 View Post
                    I was just wondering if you have any plans to redo a run of the FGW Dynamic Lines buffet coaches? They seem to very rarely come up on eBay, and when they do they go for crazy money. I was hoping another run is on the cards so i and many other can obtain one without paying he crazy prices on eBay!
                    Hi Joel Dapol - Just to add to this - a single FGW Buffet coach just sold on Ebay for £120. This just shows how desperate people are for this and the other missing (XC 2nd) coaches ..... so any news can't come too soon. Thanks.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                      Joel Dapol commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We should have something to say next week
                  Working...
                  X