No announcement yet.

Mk3 Sleepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little behind schedule I am afraid, we are waiting for decorated samples so another 3-4 months I fear. My apologies for the delay.
    Regards
    Joel

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• JackD09
      JackD09 commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem, thanks for the update.

Just seen the Facebook posting on the Hattons page showing the livery artwork for the Mk3 Sleepers. They all look pretty good except the INTERCITY example, which has a lot of problems. Is this a work in progress still?

If you require any assistance with the artwork, please let me know. I have good quality vector artwork available for the Mk3 Sleepers as part of my Electra Rail range and will happily provide any help to make sure the RTR version is as good as possible.

Adam Warr
    www.electrarail.co.uk

Comment

I also echo your thoughts Adam.

As you can see from my quick comparison photo below this shows up 2 issues. Top executive light grey band should continue across the top of the door and wrap round ever so slightly also the red band is to thick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200221_010512_224.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	8992

Come on Dapol, please get these right. I have been longing for a proper WCML sleeper rake for so long and after your announcement a few moons ago, I have been chomping at the bit for these!

A quick note on livery, as this is also a slight worry for me since your previous releases of IC Exec and Swallow liverys. This could be of use to yourselves in the paint shop. If you require anymore help on liverys, then please feel free to give me a shout.

Name:	IC Swallow.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	8993

Cheers
      Anthony
      Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks for the feedback which has been noted.
        Regards
        Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Hi Joel, Andy now you have confirmed liveries for the MK 3 sleepers Do you have any plans of doing some loco hauled MK3’s in GWR Green and First group Blue to go with them. I believe 2 x TS and a buffet car are used with 4 or 5 sleepers. Do you also have any plans to do the EWS Management Train which has a sleeper TS and Buffet car.

Comment

• Ed-Farms
            Ed-Farms commented
            Editing a comment
            Put me down for the EWS management train if and when you do them Andy, I have the 67 and DVT set so need the middle coaches

• Andy Dapol
            Andy Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            It will certainly be discussed.

• JR_P
            JR_P commented
            Editing a comment
            I would also be very keen to get the loco hauled mk3 ‘day’ coaches for the Night Riviera in FGW blue/purple and GWR green.

Certainly in the FGW livery, they have a unique ‘night riviera’ moniker in the centre of the loco hauled mk3 ‘day’ coaches, which makes the livery slightly different to the standard FGW livery on the HST TS and buffet coaches.

The ‘day’ coaches used to be used on summer Saturdays in the past, which offers further modelling possibilities....

Getting excited about the mk3 sleeper especially after the announcement of the Kms railtech exclusives.

I did have one question for the Dapol team:

2P-006-002 is listed as "BR Executive"

A number of retailers have this listed on preorder but show the Swallow livery artwork.

Is this model/code intended to be Executive or Swallow?

(Executive being "intercity sleeper" Vs Swallow "INTERCITY")

Comment

• Andy Dapol
            Andy Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi. Thanks for this. It seems theres been a communication issue somewhere. The models are as the artwork.
            I will ask sales & marketing to clarify this to dealers.

KMS Railtec have announced quite a few exclusives...head on over to their website for more information.- https://www.kmsrailtech.co.uk/318-2mm-exclusives

Name:	2.png
Views:	118
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	9072

Name:	1.png
Views:	94
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	9073

Name:	4.png