No announcement yet.

Maunsell Coaches - 2 new coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance of producing unnumbered versions of each of the coach types so that those of us who need different sets are saved the messy half of a tedious job?

Comment

• Jeff Eastmond
      Jeff Eastmond commented
      Editing a comment
      I could cope with no set numbers on the end as I have already been putting my own on in previous releases. The running numbers on the SR lined Olive Green coaches are so small and lost amongst all the lining so the couple of mis-numbered ones I am running I'm leaving be, and I have already renumbered the BR(S) Green ones using the usual method.

Having all coaches as blank and providing water transfers would be a massive step forward for model railways.
    Would love to have set 201 / 202 / 203 if there're really going to make High window coaches

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Ellis View Post
      Having all coaches as blank and providing water transfers would be a massive step forward for model railways.
      Would love to have set 201 / 202 / 203 if there're really going to make High window coaches
      Even without the transfers it would be welcome. Fox Transfers would be able to supply the numbers.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        I will look at the possibility of producing a small number on this run and see how it goes. Our experience tells us unnumbered versions do not do too well, but I am prepared to be proven wrong.

Hopefully we can indeed prove you wrong, Joel. You can certainly put me down for five coaches of various types. Would it be worth conducting a poll here, on RMWeb, and the NGF to see what kind of uptake you could expect?

Comment

This is superb news Joel. Could I suggest that you produce also a high window BCK.

This would enable you to sell two of the 'legendary' 2 sets P (sets 25 and 27) which were formed of a high window BCK and a high window 6 compartment BCK.

Set 25: BTK 3780, BCK 6665.
        Set 27: BTK 3775, BCK 6603.

If there were any quirks with lavatory bonnets and the like I'm sure Jeff will jump in and flag it. :-)

These 2 sets P, formed in 1948, were the staple branch line trains on the SR lines west of Exeter in BR years.

(the other 2p sets used flush sided stock so would not be suitable).

For information there were also some sets over the years that mixed up high and low window stock
        Last edited by Paul South Midlands; 25 March 2019, 22:37. Reason: BCK number on set 27 corrected

Comment

• Jeff Eastmond
          Jeff Eastmond commented
          Editing a comment
          Flag down

3775 and 3780 were D.2110 BTKs with the lavatory vent mod so run them with the corridor side showing...

The only difference between D.2102 and D.2110 was internal (sliding door instead of hinged door between corridor and guard's compartment)...
          Last edited by Jeff Eastmond; 27 March 2019, 13:22.

• Paul South Midlands
          Paul South Midlands commented
          Editing a comment
          A little attention with a razor saw would soon sort the double bonnet!
      Working...
      X