No announcement yet.

Maunsell Coaches - 2 new coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In that case Paul I may well stand corrected. I will find out more details for you and get back to you
    Regards
    Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Many thanks Joel

Comment

Decorated samples of the 4 Compartment Third and Brake Composite at Warley this weekend.

Comment

• Jeff Eastmond
        Jeff Eastmond commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking very good - presumably the finished articles will have bogies and wheels attached...

• Neil Dapol
        Neil Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes Jeff the final models will have bogies and wheels, sadly no one has produced satisfactory Maglev track to do way with their necessity.....;-)

Looking very nice. I am looking forward to the brake compo in particular as it is such a useful vehicle. Maunsell 3-sets will also be a thing.

Comment

I too can't wait to get hold of these Maunsells. I plan to run several 2-sets on local WoE services on my layout. Just wish the other lot would provide us with a Bullied BCK!

Comment

• Jeff Eastmond
          Jeff Eastmond commented
          Editing a comment
          I did ask 'them' about a matching BCK for the existing Bulleids but received a less-than-encouraging response...

What Dapol Maunsell coaches look like with set numbers on the ends.

I've also modded one of them to high window.

Set 245 is a handy set to model as only three of the four had high windows, the other vehicle was a low window first. So, as corridor and compartment sides alternated, you can get away with just modding one brake third and have the other two windows compartment side making a prototypical view on the 'public side'

To get the transfers on you have to remove the tank water pipe

Comment

Hi to Neil & Joel, Happy New Year (and to the rest of the Team!! ) One quick question (obviously individual coaches are imminent) but I am also interested in the BR (SR) green (set 392) -012-551 & Crim &Crm (set398) -012-800, When might these be available please?? (if not looking too far ahead).

Regds
          Chris
          Last edited by Chris Newman; 3 January 2018, 15:21. Reason: Correcting spelling

Comment

Dapol's ad in the February BRM lists these sets plus individual Brake Thirds/Brake Composite coaches in all three liveries as being January releases.

Comment

Ad in the new N gauge Journal also says Jan/Feb release,; no sign of availability as advance orders from Rails of Sheffield as yet though.

Comment

So, which week of February will the retailers see these sets?

Comment

Rails of Shefield are now showing the 3 car sets, brake 3rds, and brake compos as "Coming soon" and are taking pre orders

Comment

• Mark Ellis
                    Mark Ellis commented
                    Editing a comment
                    At the same price as Model Railways Direct I see. Funny how Dapol are refusing to comment on these, both here and on Facebook

I see an Ebay seller has listed the 3 set yet there is nothing on Dapol's site news to say they are released also checked with Rails of Sheffield, they have no new info, what's happening?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dapol-2P-...4AAOSwC19a-ZLH

Comment

• Dorsetmike
                    Dorsetmike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Correction, Rails have the SR green (presume malachite) set 392 I'm waiting for Maunsell lined green.

My order from Kernow has arrived! They don't have any BCKs (according to their website) so one has been ordered from Hattons...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Kernow Delivery 160518-2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	784.5 KB ID:	7244
                  I've adjusted the order and orientation of the vehicles in the set box to reflect the proper formation.

The brakes in the set and the individual brakes have the set numbers on the end. Good work, a nice touch and saves me a job. Many thanks for another excellent set of products.
                  Last edited by Jeff Eastmond; 16 May 2018, 14:35.

Comment

Got mine and very pleased. Hope a further run will see 3022/3 (set 399) BTKs to go with CK 5145.

They seem to be selling fast, especially 3 set 392. I think Dapol are onto a winner here.

Comment

• Jeff Eastmond
                      Jeff Eastmond commented
                      Editing a comment
                      According to my records, 399 had BTKs 3232 and 3233. Possibly a typo?

• Paul South Midlands
                      Paul South Midlands commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, ,my typo!

So when is the Lined Olive set 2P-012-253 coming out?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                      Joel Dapol commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They are being shipped now so around 5 weeks time.

• Jeff Eastmond
                      Jeff Eastmond commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh good. My card has time to recover...

• Mark Ellis
                      Mark Ellis commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the response, Joel
                  Working...
                  X