No announcement yet.

Maunsell Coaches - 2 new coaches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a response above, Richard said that he hoped to have decorated samples of the new coaches by the end of the year. I was wondering if the samples had been received. If so, would it be possible to post some pictures and if not, when are these samples now due?

By the way, a belated happy New Year to all at Dapol.

Martin

Comment

Thought I would also bump this thread along, as the Digest has been very quiet for me the past few months. Is it because all the gossip/news is on the club members only section?

So - how are these two coaches coming on, and what is the realistic timescale for production runs in the three current liveries (given that I want four 4-compartment brakes and two composite brakes in each BR livery).

Comment

• Richard Dapol
        Richard Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Bob, Apologies for late reply and unfortunately a couple of other projects have taken priority, however I shall be looking at finalising the decorations early next month. The factories will be closed this weekend for new year celebrations and open again in around two weeks time, so I need to get this information to them before they return to work.
        Thankyou for your interest in these carriages Richard

Just seen the recent announcement on the main site. Hoping beyond hope that the maunsell BCK and 4 compartment brake third are not caught up in this?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Paul, no these are already tooled and are in decoration. We are aiming for a summer release.

• Paul South Midlands
        Editing a comment
        Many thanks Joel. They are much looked forward to and I'm sure will sell like hotcakes (hopefully the major sellers will soon allow advance ordering)

I'd second Paul's comment. N gaugers have been waiting forever for BCK and 4 compartment brake thirds of the Big four

Comment

• Paul South Midlands
        Editing a comment
        They are ok and still on schedule - see Joels post in response to my commnt

Joel has said that the deferments affect only new tooling so hopefully this project is ongoing.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        IIRC weren't the tooled up samples for these shown a while ago? If it has then I think this won't really be affected. It's only for those models that are in/about to get into the tooling phase which is what I gathered from their post.

However I wish Dapol well, and for their own sake I hope Joel Dapol or Neil Dapol or Richard Dapol update each product as soon as they can. Forums are going completely insane with people and their assumptions and theories.

• Paul South Midlands
        Editing a comment
        were ok - see Joels response to my comment
    Working...
    X