Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Eastmond
    commented on 's reply
    Crimson & Cream is a bit early for a Class 33. The last C&C Maunsells were about 1958/59 and the first Class 33s were introduced in 1960...

You can add 'Air-smoothed' (aka 'unrebuilt') Bulleid Pacifics to the list that could be used. The recent Farish 'Merchant Navy' are still around, and I've picked up a couple of older 'West Country' and 'Battle of Britain' as well.
    Last edited by Jeff Eastmond; 4 August 2018, 02:11.

• Arthur Hodgett
    commented on 's reply
    Many thanks, I have 1 of each of those, so that was fortunate. Thanks again..

• Southernlad86
    replied
    Originally posted by Arthur Hodgett View Post
    Can anyone suggest suitable locomotives which are available and are suitable for the Crimson & Cream Maunsells please?
    Schools classes and class 33's

Leave a comment:

• Arthur Hodgett
    replied
    Can anyone suggest suitable locomotives which are available and are suitable for the Crimson & Cream Maunsells please?

Leave a comment:

• Hailstone
    replied
    Is there any news on when the 3 set in crimson/cream will be in the shops? my BR(SR) green set is already on its way

Regards,

Alex

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Eastmond
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Chris - my post duly amended.

• Chris Newman
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Jeff, It Seems That reading my latest Kernow Newsletter That CK 2P-012-751 is actually S5148, also on the Dapol Shop Site--so confirming that!!--however Hattons still show S5141S--Have e-mailed them for confirmation--but I also believe that all their numberings are wrong as they all have "S" suffix. Have Just heard back from Hattons--They will amend/correct their Website to match Dapol's website. (common sense prevails--Hurrah!!)
    Chris
    Last edited by Chris Newman; 4 November 2016, 18:06. Reason: To add Additional updated information

• Southernlad86
    replied
    Dapol You've done it again

I Picked up at the Wimbledon show this Saturday from Invicta model Rail's stand two I picked this first class coach and a 3rd class. I showed it off to Professor Tim Watson the layout leader of Copenhagen fields he said the livery was spot on with a nice shade on the red picture from 1st class coach on Lacy Dale well done Dapol now we need some West Country's & Battle of Britain's please

Leave a comment:

• Bob G
    replied
    Crimbo Cream Maunsells have arrived. Very nice livery, and go nicely with an old Farish wooden Pullman to make up a boat train formation behind "Shrewsbury". Would be nice to have a Van C in Crimson (or even a Farish Bogie B) to finish it off. At the moment a Mk 1 BG will have to suffice.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Bob G
    replied
    The Liverpool emporium just emptied my bank for a rake of these, so they are getting to the shops now. Cant wait to get these. To think when I started in N gauge in 1971, we had generic main line and suburban 57' coaches which nearly looked like Maunsells but not quite! They used to be under £1 then, and Minitrix Mk 1s were 96p to £1-01. We would go miles to save 5p then. Probably in a car that only did 25 mpg too.

The old Farish coaches were unique then in British N gauge in having interiors, something the continental modellers always seemed to have had.

The wait of 45 years has been worth it for the quality improvements, and the chance to grumble over individual coach numbers.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob G; 20 October 2016, 19:37.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Eastmond
    commented on 's reply
    Spreadsheet sent - enjoy!

The Farish Kitchen Pullman is about the only choice at the moment.

I've had a pair (representing a Pullman Kitchen First and Saloon Third) between FK 7666 and TK 2349 and one (representing a Pullman Kitchen First) between FK 7671 and TK 2354 of my lined Olive sets 469/470 and they look a bit odd and susceptible to uncoupling on uneven track but hopefully that situation may change - please Dapol?

Later they used a Pullman Kitchen Composite (an older Kitchen First with a partitioned-off and downgraded section for the Third Class seating) as in the set list on the spreadsheet.
    Last edited by Jeff Eastmond; 16 October 2016, 12:34.

• Bob G
    replied
    Wow Jeff.

I must have missed the spreadsheet. Very useful indeed. Could you send it to me via the NGS Helpline email address please?
    Seems like I've got a good reason to build my Worsley Works Booster and run a boat train.
    Would a former Farish wooden sided Pullman serve as a boat train Pullman coach, even temporarily? - I mean before Dapol bring one out

Regards and many thanks for all your help.
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Eastmond
    commented on 's reply
    Going from the Hattons site, the following coaches appear to be being produced
    2P-012-600 FK S7669 Newhaven boat stock
    2P-012-601 FK S7670 Newhaven boat stock
    2P-012-651 BTK S4481 see comments in OP
    2P-012-652 BTK S4482 see comments in OP
    2P-012-700 SK S2352 Newhaven boat stock
    2P-012-701 SK S2353 Newhaven boat stock
    2P-012-751 CK S5148 3-set 446
    2P-012-752 CK S5142 3-set 397

I have omitted the suffix 'S' as the coaches in the early Crimson/Cream with the left-hand numbers wouldn't have had them. It is only later in the C/C period when numbers were being put on the 'normal' right-hand position and Mark 1s were becoming numerous enough to cause numbering clashes that the suffixes were applied.

See the table in this post for a list of all the low-window R4 Maunsells: https://digest.dapol.co.uk/forum/n-g...?p=798#post798
    Last edited by Jeff Eastmond; 5 November 2016, 20:09. Reason: Edited the running number/set allocation for cat no. 2P-012-751

• Bob G
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Jeff. I have just found them listed there too. Would love a set or three. I can see the CKs are from sets 392 and 397, and like the green versions, are awaiting the 4-compartment brakes to compliment them.
    But what of the others. I cannot find their numbers anywhere. Are they fictitious? I thought the low window variants Dapol produced were only found in sets 469 and 470?
    Bob

• Jeff Eastmond
    replied
    Just seen the pre-order details on the Hattons website - if the 'Brake Thirds' 2P-012-651 and -652 are numbered as such then that is incorrect. S4481 and S4482 were Brake Seconds for the Newhaven Boat service. They did become Brake Thirds in 1954 when they were downrated, but they were then renumbered (2772/73) and by then would have had the later version of the C/C livery with the narrower upper Crimson stripe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X