B-sets in Crimson livery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-sets in Crimson livery

Is there any chance of the B-set coaches being released in BR suburban crimson livery? To date you have issued GWR liveries and BR Maroon livery for the "late crest" period but nothing suitable for the "early crest" period. During this time, B-sets were painted in unlined suburban crimson livery. The shade of crimson used was the same as used on "blood and custard" mainline stock.

Hornby offer theirs in this livery and I have even repainted one of my own sets but it would be great to see a proper release in N gauge.

http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/l.aspx?k=2595251

http://s234.photobucket.com/user/Kar...tml?1301470792

I think this is a good idea and would look to include it in the next batch. Are there other modelers interested also?
    Regards
    Joel

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Autocoaches and Siphons were also painted in plain crimson during the same period and would also be very welcome.

Here is a shot of 1427 at Ashburton with pair of crimson autocoaches. http://www.alextrack.co.uk/library/i...on_02_2560.jpg

Comment

• Matt Wood
        Matt Wood commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally agree with Matt's suggestions. Crimson B set - improved/backdated Collet coaches and will the n gauge GWR bracket signals ever see the light of day. Any chance of the shrink ray on the streamlined dispel railcar - a Mr Pinto of this parish knows quite a lot about those ! Best regards Matt W

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        We will produce the N gauge bracket signal, but this will be after the OO version which is nearly ready now. I like the idea of the N gauge diesel rail car as well.

I'd certainly buy a pair of B-set coaches in BR crimson. I've got an old pair of GWR B-set coaches that I will respray one day but I'd happily have more than one set.

Comment

When I return from holiday I will be repainting a B set and at least one autocoach into BR crimson having sourced the paint and transfers thanks to Matt Pinto, whose example I will be following

Regards,

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Hailstone View Post
          When I return from holiday I will be repainting a B set and at least one autocoach into BR crimson having sourced the paint and transfers thanks to Matt Pinto, whose example I will be following
          You are most welcome.

Here is my own attempt at the Ashburton autotrain including a crimson autocoach and a lined 1470.

Comment

• Hailstone
            Hailstone commented
            Editing a comment
            A lovely job Matt, I hope I can do mine as well as that

• Joel Dapol
            Joel Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks really good.

Originally posted by Joel Dapol View Post
          I think this is a good idea and would look to include it in the next batch. Are there other modelers interested also?
          Thanks. I could do with at least one pair, please. Any guide as to when the next batch will be available?
          Last edited by Bert Saltash; 19 August 2016, 18:29.

Comment

I could find a home for a rake of Crimson B-Set's

Comment

I need a B set in BR early crimson (blood) too!

Comment

It seems we will have a pair shortly, according to the Dapol ad in the latest N Gauge Journal:

2P-003-010
                GWR B set W6975W and W6976W in BR crimson.
                Last edited by Bert Saltash; 29 March 2018, 15:20.

Comment

I have just received mine, they look great, the colour is almost identical to the set I re-sprayed but there is no Guard mark on the guard doors and the bogies are not NEM fitted so must be the original tooling. the picture below shows the new set at the back, sorry for the poor quality lighting as the running number on the new B set doesn't show very well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180414_203447.jpg Views:	1 Size:	582.9 KB ID:	7155
                  Last edited by Hailstone; 14 April 2018, 23:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Hailstone View Post
                    ... there is no Guard mark on the guard doors ...
                    That's disappointing, I doubt if I would be able to make a convincing job of adding "GUARD" to match the running numbers.

Perhaps this is from a batch with a printing error, I notice that the Dapol ad in the Journal also seems to lack this feature.

It may be worth waiting to see if subsequent batches have the discrepancy corrected, I notice that the item is not listed in the Dapol shop.

Comment

Working...
                    X