Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alistair
    commented on 's reply
    Good find, will be interesting to have a flick through that tomorrow if it's quiet at work
    Last edited by Alistair; 8 October 2016, 23:14. Reason: Can't spell or write in understandable sentences

• Rowlie
    replied
    Hi whilst looking for information on IHA wagons, came across this document for Tata steel suppliers, hope it is of interest. http://www.tatasteelsuppliers.com/st...0Standards.pdf
    On a recent trip to Zagreb saw what seems to be a longer version from the office window (conveniently overlooks a marshalling yard). Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0028.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	2987

Leave a comment:

• RailGooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Rowlie View Post
    How about the telescopic taurpaulin steel coil wagons used on the Shotton trains. Not sure of the TOPs code but it will compliment the current VTG wagon.
    Originally posted by Alistair
    These are rather close to what Dapol already produce for modelbahn. They may be to 1:160 but when mixed in with a rake of either the Farish BYA/BRA wagons or Dapol's own JSA wagon they look the part.
    I have a dozen or so Modellbahn Union, Shimmns/Sfhimmns Sliding Tarp Steel Product wagons. The packaging is marked 'N Gauge' rather than 'N Scale'. I've only ever measured them by eye and, aged as my eyes are, they confirm N gauge.

I'd like to see Dapol release GE Leasing liveried models in the UK, but perhaps their agreement with Modellbahn Union precludes that.
    Last edited by RailGooner; 7 October 2016, 14:53.

Leave a comment:

• Alistair
    commented on 's reply
    These are rather close to what Dapol already produce for modelbahn. They may be to 1:160 but when mixed in with a rake of either the Farish BYA/BRA wagons or Dapol's own JSA wagon they look the part.

• Rowlie
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the link 😊

• Vonzack
    commented on 's reply
    There are a few different versions, but here's a link to a site with good reference pictures - http://gingespotting.smugmug.com/Wag.../IHA/i-jZfWFqw

• Rowlie
    commented on 's reply
    Hi, yes Vonzack I think it is the IHA wagons, unfortunately Joel I don't have a picture of the wagons I see going through Wrexham.

• Vonzack
    commented on 's reply
    Are you thinking about IHAs?

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Can you post a photo?

• Rowlie
    replied
    How about the telescopic taurpaulin steel coil wagons used on the Shotton trains. Not sure of the TOPs code but it will compliment the current VTG wagon.

Leave a comment:

• Bert Saltash
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry Joel, not for post-war silver livery - but still looking.

• Boco_D2
    replied
    I knew there was one I forgot how about the PWA fertiliser wagon, I was always fond of the Lima models when I was younger and I think they'd compliment your silver bullet wagons nicely on West Country themed layouts and they also featured quite often on the WCML.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Some good ideas here, thanks

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    HI Bert, do you have any pictures? I would love to do them if we can.

• Boco_D2
    replied
    I'd agree with the suggest for wagons to go behind the upcoming 59, PHA, JHA, PTA, and the farish PGA is in need of an upgrade. How about the Redlands self discharging train?

I'd also love some car transporter wagons particularly the double deck variety like the PLA/JLA Procor 80 or the Cartic-4 with some 1990s cars.

How about some LPG tank wagons like the TTV. Or just some improved petrol tank wagons, the upcoming TEA wagons by Revoloution look great but are not my era, something for an 80s/90s layout would be fantastic.

And there are other wagons for China clay traffic such as the PBA, JIA

just a few ideas there are others I can think off but not sure of their TOPS code such as the 4 wheel cargo-waggon.
    Last edited by Boco_D2; 13 September 2016, 08:58. Reason: iPad spelling corrections changing things!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X