Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alistair
    replied
    the KQA would be a must, all of the research has been done for the 00 one, and as other have said plenty of options to up-sell with current products.

a WIA Arbel car carrier would be a good seller, it would also be relatively cheep to do as you don't have to produce any interiors, 6 bogies instead of 10 (but 2 designs instead of 1), a simple smooth fibre-glass cover. although its a 5 wagon set. Looks incredibly good as a long block train or blue slug as its also known.

the Network work rail point carriers would be very nice but the question is which type as there is the 3-coupled or the single wagon type. would be a very popular wagon to produce but would pose an interesting design challenge.

Im sure I will think of a few more.

Leave a comment:

• Alistair
    commented on 's reply
    I think that the Revolution method of asking for expressions of interest would work quite well here, put the option out there to see if there is the market there for them. I think that in 00 this is quite a long set of wagons and if you don't have a large layout they can swamp the area. Where in N a 5 set isn't a big thing and most people would be able to run a short set or could build them together. You could get rid of a few things that the 00 one had, like the posable buckets, opening flaps etc. which would bring the pice down. Don't discount the power of NR yellow it seems to sell very well.

• Alistair
    commented on 's reply
    because Drax own the design for the wagons, you have to get the licence from them. when Hornby revealed theirs another manufacturer asked if he could produce them in N. The basic answer was no and that they weren't too bothered about having an N gauge version released. Annoying because I would have bought a fair few of them as they are great looking wagons.

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Iain, I doubt we will do this. The OO version did not sell that well and the cost of the tooling would make this an investment difficult to justify. I reckon the current price of a 5 car set built to the standards of the OO would now be over £185 and I doubt we would have many sales at this level.

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    I agree with Ben A

Leave a comment:

• IainDSmith
    replied
    How about shrinking the MRAs?

Leave a comment:

• IainDSmith
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Tim,

Revolution are producing one of the TEA tank wagons to modern standards, so the options are somewhat narrowed.

Regards

Iain

• Ben A
    replied
    Hi Andy,

I think from Dapol's point of view looking at your own locos (to encourage cross-sales) and the models you have in OO (where you already have research/CADs etc) are a good starting point.

I'd say the obvious opener is the KQA/KTA pocket wagon. This goes well with your FEA-Bs and your Freightliner 66s and 86s.
    Similarly, the Davis low-liner intermodal wagon goes well with your upcoming DRS 68 as well as DRS 66s already out there.
    I assume the Freightliner HIAs and MJAs are already in development.

In terms of new tooling, I think you should consider something for your forthcoming Class 59s. At the moment the only vaguely suitable wagons available (other than for engineers trains) are the ex-TPM tippler wagons and the very old Farish PGAs, neither of which are readily available in trainload quantities. For me the obvious candidate is the O&K JHA bogie hopper, which is has two liveries (original and revised) and is sufficiently different to anything else out there. The ARC JHA hopper would be good but I think the inside-bearing bogies would be a challenge.

cheers

Ben A.

Leave a comment:

• David Durrance
    replied
    Palvan, Palbrick & LMS/BR 21T Coke Hopper.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Turnidge
    replied
    National power JHA , KQA Pocket wagon and the New IDA " lowliner "

Leave a comment:

• resolve10
    replied
    Drax Biomass wagons !

Leave a comment:

• carderrail
    replied
    Agree on the stone boxes to go behind the 59.... How about Cranes or a Tamper?

Regards

Tony

Leave a comment:

• Vonzack
    replied
    Arbel
    Eco Fret 2 / 3 car
    KTA (shrink ray)

Cheers, Mark.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    For me it would have to be stone hoppers and boxes to go with the new class 59. Preferably Yeoman and ARC.

Cheers
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    I'd really like to see a modern 100T TDA tank wagon.
    Last edited by JeremiahBunyan; 15 June 2016, 03:45.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X