Future models. N Gauge Freight and wagons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd agree with a KQA/KTA.

Joel commented on page 1 about the MRAs and being unlikely to do them - I think this is a real shame as they would work perfectly in N. If Dapol want to make the tooling cheaper do away with gimmicks like tipping (unnecessary).

Cheers, Mike

Comment

• JR_P
      JR_P commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, definitely need KQA/KTA - never could figure out why they didn't do those for us in N....

.... would nicely complement the new KFA con flats from RevolutioN ;-)

Hi,

How about producing the HOA hopper wagon. Details can be found here: http://www.ltsv.com/w_profile_058.php

This hopper has had several liveries including:

Cemex (white/blue)
    EWS Construction (cream)
    DB Schenker (red)

Here is great a collection of photos showing the different liveries: https://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UK...egate-hoppers/

Kind regards,
    Ben.

Comment

More weathered wagons please - I pay GBP5+ for a professional job so it's high value added. You could probably go on forever with limited edition 3-wagon sets, renumbered and weathered with maybe custom loads and tarps.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        On the other hand you'll spend even less time and money doing your own. It's very easy to weather wagons... Again I see a lot of weather stock sitting on shelves and being discounted.

• JR_P
        JR_P commented
        Editing a comment
        The only wagons I've EVER bought weathered were Dapol's megafrets.... and only because the real thing is ridiculously filthy (in my experience) and also because the 'paint shop fresh' turquoise is offensively garish, and as aforementioned, never actually observed in reality (by me, at least)....

And to re-emphasize the point that Jeremiah made on one of the other threads, you CAN weather a 'paint shop fresh' finish, but you CANNOT 'un-weather', which I guess is the clincher.... so I suppose it's like they say, sometimes "less is more"....

• Andy Dapol
        Andy Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Per my other comment, JR_P's comment underlines the different levels of weathering our customers prefer (or not!). We will continue to offer weathered versions (as they are popular) alongside 'pristine' versions, and will also occasionally trial more involved weathered finishes on an occasional basis.

Are we ever likely to see Cow & Gate or Dried Milk Products liveried 6-wheel milk tankers (pre-Unigate - up to late 1959(?)) please?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        HI Bert, do you have any pictures? I would love to do them if we can.

• Bert Saltash
        Bert Saltash commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry Joel, not for post-war silver livery - but still looking.

I'd agree with the suggest for wagons to go behind the upcoming 59, PHA, JHA, PTA, and the farish PGA is in need of an upgrade. How about the Redlands self discharging train?

I'd also love some car transporter wagons particularly the double deck variety like the PLA/JLA Procor 80 or the Cartic-4 with some 1990s cars.

How about some LPG tank wagons like the TTV. Or just some improved petrol tank wagons, the upcoming TEA wagons by Revoloution look great but are not my era, something for an 80s/90s layout would be fantastic.

And there are other wagons for China clay traffic such as the PBA, JIA

just a few ideas there are others I can think off but not sure of their TOPS code such as the 4 wheel cargo-waggon.
      Last edited by Boco_D2; 13 September 2016, 08:58. Reason: iPad spelling corrections changing things!

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Some good ideas here, thanks

I knew there was one I forgot how about the PWA fertiliser wagon, I was always fond of the Lima models when I was younger and I think they'd compliment your silver bullet wagons nicely on West Country themed layouts and they also featured quite often on the WCML.

Comment

How about the telescopic taurpaulin steel coil wagons used on the Shotton trains. Not sure of the TOPs code but it will compliment the current VTG wagon.

Comment

• Vonzack
          Vonzack commented
          Editing a comment
          There are a few different versions, but here's a link to a site with good reference pictures - http://gingespotting.smugmug.com/Wag.../IHA/i-jZfWFqw

• Rowlie
          Rowlie commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the link 😊

• Alistair
          Alistair commented
          Editing a comment
          These are rather close to what Dapol already produce for modelbahn. They may be to 1:160 but when mixed in with a rake of either the Farish BYA/BRA wagons or Dapol's own JSA wagon they look the part.

Originally posted by Rowlie View Post
        How about the telescopic taurpaulin steel coil wagons used on the Shotton trains. Not sure of the TOPs code but it will compliment the current VTG wagon.
        Originally posted by Alistair
        These are rather close to what Dapol already produce for modelbahn. They may be to 1:160 but when mixed in with a rake of either the Farish BYA/BRA wagons or Dapol's own JSA wagon they look the part.
        I have a dozen or so Modellbahn Union, Shimmns/Sfhimmns Sliding Tarp Steel Product wagons. The packaging is marked 'N Gauge' rather than 'N Scale'. I've only ever measured them by eye and, aged as my eyes are, they confirm N gauge.

I'd like to see Dapol release GE Leasing liveried models in the UK, but perhaps their agreement with Modellbahn Union precludes that.
        Last edited by RailGooner; 7 October 2016, 14:53.

Comment

Hi whilst looking for information on IHA wagons, came across this document for Tata steel suppliers, hope it is of interest. http://www.tatasteelsuppliers.com/st...0Standards.pdf
          On a recent trip to Zagreb saw what seems to be a longer version from the office window (conveniently overlooks a marshalling yard). Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0028.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	2987

Comment

• Alistair
            Alistair commented
            Editing a comment
            Good find, will be interesting to have a flick through that tomorrow if it's quiet at work
            Last edited by Alistair; 8 October 2016, 23:14. Reason: Can't spell or write in understandable sentences
        Working...
        X