• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RailGooner
    commented on 's reply
    Yes! Diagram 'K' please.

• emuman
    commented on 's reply
    Yes please 6 & 4 wheel bogies would be nice. with optional interior lights please. MH.

• Boco_D2
    replied
    I've seen it come up serveral times but I too would like MK3 sleepers. I'd also be happy for a compromised Royal train because at the end of the day I have 3 choices: no Royal train, make my own (going to take time and is never going to look quite right) or have a manufactured representation that looks close enough (I believe Revoloution trains are considering this in regards to their TEA wagons in Murco livery)

A larger selection of coach book sets would be fantastic, particular sets to compliment HST sets so it is easier to make up a train. Maybe A&B packs to make up 8 coach loco hauled trains (similar to the current blue/grey mk3 offering and the previous Pretendilino set). I think this would be great in N where many of us have the space to run longer trains and would make it a lot easier and more convenient to put these trains together.

Leave a comment:

• Bert Saltash
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Pinto View Post

Some GWR PO stock would be nice too. The Farish Mk1 PO sorting van seems to have sold well so make there would be a market for pre-nationalisation stuff too.
    I would appreciate a pre-Mk1 design PO van for the WR, please. Am I correct in thinking that there was a common pre-nationalisation design used by the Big Four?
    Last edited by Bert Saltash; 11 September 2016, 15:27.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Longbow, ten to agree with Jeremiah on this one, getting the right weathering effect is a difficult task and is perhaps best left to the tastes of the modeller concerned. A good subject for debate however.

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not sure RTR weathered coaches is a good idea. FWIW on the real railway though coaches do get dirty, they are still kept as clean as possible. This results in a huge variety of weathering effects and that's easier replicated professionally and/or personally. If Dapol do a weathered set - what are they supposed to do? Light, medium or heavy weathering? What if no one wants weathered coaches? It's easier to weather something rather than un-weather it.

I know many people love weathered stock...but even on layouts coaches are least weathered and there's a varying degree of weathering...that cannot satisfy everyone and therefore isn't viable.

• Longbow
    replied
    I gather we're due some more Maunsell variants and liveries. But please consider some limited edition 2 and 3 car sets. A little renumbering and weathering adds a lot of value.

Leave a comment:

• gerry9253
    replied
    Doh! Please accept my sincere apologies for my Bullied post. What was I doing! I'm not let out much so I shall have a lie down now........

Embarrassed Gerry

Leave a comment:

• gerry9253
    replied
    As there is no 'Bullied' section to post there may I suggest one is started so we can request/comment on any further releases etc? And, have you considered the possibility releasing maroon Bullied coaches for the Scottish and Western regions? Their uniqueness may attract sales. I would suggest a Tavern Car set would appeal too........

Gerry

Leave a comment:

• ohlavache
    replied
    Since it is a proposal to Dapol, I would say 1:148 is the correct scale.
    This is not an issue for continental modellers.
    • According to (my) practical experience: you can take a 1:160 locomotive with 1:148 wagons and vice-versa ; you can mix most freight wagons between 1:148 and 1:160. These combinations don't hurt one's eyes. But mixing passenger cars may be difficult.
    • It has to be noted that Dapol's class 66 are quite common among continental modellers. Many were sold by Modellbahn Union. I haven't seen any complain. You just need to avoid to have it side by side with a Kato version.
    • In the case of the Night Ferry, we're talking of using a 1:160 locomotive with 1:148 passenger cars. This is ok since the British width is smaller than the continenal one. That's why it won't hurt.

So no issue here with a Night Ferry in 1:148 scale for French and Belgian modellers.

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    My apologies, but can you specify which scale in N gauge? I like your ideas a lot...But I fail to see how Dapol can cater to both British and Continental N gaugers without having duplicate tooling for both scales i.e. 1:148 for the Britishers and 1:160 for the Continental modelers. the size difference is vast and I don't see many potential sales. If Dapol does it in 1:148 there would be hardly any continental buyers and if they do it in 1:160 there would be little or no British buyers.

Kato 1:160 Class 66 vs. Dapol/Graham Farish 1:148 Class 66
    http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps90bbd753.jpg

Personally since it's N gauge I would've opted for having the CIWL Type F coaches designed and 3D printed... It's a more viable option.

• ohlavache
    replied
    Originally posted by gc4946 View Post
    Another suggestion to go with the Terriers, for an Isle of Wight compact branch line train:

http://www.iwsteamrailway.co.uk/4-wh...carriages.aspx

(Entry under Southern Railway Push-Pull Set 484)

Two 2-coach push-pull sets (ex-London, Chatham & Dover Railway) entered service on the island in 1924 and withdrawn in 1938, one of which is preserved on the Isle of Wight Railway. NB the underframes on the preserved set aren't original because they were scrapped when the carriage bodies were sold off after withdrawal.
    I fully agree with this suggestion.
    As already said, 4-wheel coaches would be welcome.

Another idea: the Night Ferry!!! My dream.
    Let's imagine a set of three CIWL type F sleeping-cars, with one SNCF van "type Nord" and one SR Night Ferry van.
    I would like to stress that it would also appeal to continental modellers. So the market would be wider than the British one.

To go with, you have already the class 73 from Dapol, the Merchant Navy from Graham Farish and the upcoming Class 33 and Battle of Britain from Dapol.
    Class 08 from Graham Farish is suitable for shunting.
    Even better, would be a Class 71 !
    For continental modellers, they have the 231 Chapelon Nord from Rivarossi. The upcoming A1A-A1A 62000 from Mabar is suitable. (Maybe the 230E from Minitrix is ok.)

Partnership with Modellbahn Union could be appropriate: they cover both continental and British markets.
    At least one CIWL type F sleeping-car and one type Nord van are preserved (if I remember well). So scanning is possible.

Kato's set of LX and Pullman cars under reference 23135 was a huge success.
    So would be a Night Ferry set.

Since releasing new N gauge items takes time, this could be a special one for the 60 years of N gauge in February/March 2020 !
    I hope I will get some supporters...
    Last edited by ohlavache; 18 August 2016, 13:20.

Leave a comment:

• Dorsetmike
    replied
    I predict Dapol will soon announce a Maunsell 3rd open, I am fairly confidant of this as I have just hacked three old Farish stock into Diag 2005 3rd Opens, got plans for a Restaurant car too (diag 2651). I've had it happen before, hacked a 14xx into an M7, 6 months later ... ... ...

Work in progress, parked alongside one of Dapols Maunsells, roof has now been lowered.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3rdop5.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	2287
    Last edited by Dorsetmike; 11 August 2016, 20:22.

Leave a comment:

• RailGooner
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Joel, I hadn't considered the impact the country of manufacture might have.

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    The sales of unpainted siphons are relatively low,probably around 1 unpainted to 20 complete and were produced as a result of some requests from customers. As these are produced in the UK was a relatively easy product to provide, The mark 3 coaches are of Far Eastern manufacture so are a little trickier to provide, however, if there are a enough requests, I am sure we could provide some unpainted versions.
Working...
X