Future models: N Gauge Coaching stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Future models: N Gauge Coaching stock

We're interested in your thoughts for future models and will be posting a series of polls for each scale and category. This poll is for N gauge coaching stock though this is somewhat tricky in current years as most new introductions are multiple units which can be voted for in the locomotive poll.
    Once we complete this poll, we will post an update which will offer some choices within the most popular eras.

Thanks for your help!
    Mainline
    57.69%
    Branchline
    42.31%
    Narrow Gauge
    6.41%
    Era: 1800 - 1922 (Pre-grouping)
    7.69%
    Era: 1923 - 1947 (GWR, LMS, SR & LNER)
    25.64%
    Era: 1948 - 1966 (BR 'Crested')
    46.15%
    Era: 1967 - 1971 (BR Blue Pre-TOPS)
    15.38%
    Era: 1972 - 1982 (BR Blue TOPS)
    19.23%
    Era: 1983 - 1994 (BR Sectors)
    25.64%
    Era: 1995 - Present (Privatisation)
    29.49%
    Regards
    Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Narrow gauge = RTR Ffestiniog stock in 009 and upward ?? for me to see rtr 1960s corridor stock would be great and of course some of the latest WHR super saloons would float many a boat - Welsh railway models built in Wales would be my tag line...
    Standard gauge - well decent Mk 3 sleepers and supporting Mk2s along with Mk 1 catering cars like the RKB or Griddle car - had three liveries that one would complement MK3s and blue 86/87s on West Coast models and Griddle would enhance both Scottish models and the green ones Southern region models.

I guess Mk1s are going to be hard - do them right or match Farish efforts - with wrongish ride heights and colour matching issues??
    The MK 2C is a possible with 4 bodyshells giving BSO . TSO. FO , FK - Firsts shared common body and BFK - would sit nicely with RKB for D4xx West coast and 500xx on Western pre HST main services...
    Robert

Comment

How about a Scottish observation car?

Comment

Upgrade the existing and introduce some more types of colletts to match the full brake done for NGS.

Comment

Hi Richard, how would you upgrade the existing offering?
          Regards
          Joel

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

I would need to sit down and compare but they are not to the same standard as the new NGS full brake, hand rails and finer detail, flush glazing etc. Good luck with launch looking good.

Comment

Mark 3 sleeper coaches (SLEP) would be good. You could then use the FO, RFM and SLEP to create the EWS Managers Train and give our silver 67+DVT something to pull.

The reliveried Chiltern Slam Door Stock would also look very good in a book set with a 68 and DVT (with new grilles if you could).

As we know slam doors have to be off the system by 2020 (IIRC), with scotrail picking up some of the cascaded HST sets they would have to be modified with plug doors like the Chiltern Silver Sets. Might as well get a jump on this too.
              Last edited by Alistair; 14 June 2016, 11:25.

Comment

• DavidInYork
                DavidInYork commented
                Editing a comment
                It remains to be seen how the Scotrail ones are done - they may not be the same as the Chiltern ones. There was talk that they were looking for a cheaper way of doing it (I understand that the Chiltern conversions cost about a quarter of a million quid per coach).

Agree with you that the Chiltern slam-door set with 68 and DVT would be good.

Please finally give us something to put between the Network Rail HST NMT.

Comment

• Alistair
                Alistair commented
                Editing a comment
                the coaches are so fundamentally different from the standard ones that it wouldn't be feasible to produce them. easier to modify the First Open using the PHDesign etches.

• Jbundyuk
                Jbundyuk commented
                Editing a comment
                There asking for ideals. Just giving our opinion thanks!

• Alistair
                Alistair commented
                Editing a comment
                Im aware of that, I was just giving the answer that I was told as to why they wouldn't happen, when I was checking on a few rumours that were going around a few months ago

Originally posted by Joel Dapol View Post
              Hi Richard, how would you upgrade the existing offering?
              Hello,

I agree that more/upgraded GWR Colletts would be extremely welcome. The existing models are actually only 2 bodyshells, the C73 Third and the E159 Brake composite. Technically the models offered for the Composite and Brake 3rd are incorrect as the real Collett coaches to these diagrams had different bodyshells. I would love to see a revamped line with the 4 different bodyshells correctly modelled and tooled to the same standards as the NGS K41.

A slightly different alternative would be to offer the slightly earlier Collett mainline stock as Hornby have released in 00. These could be used easily alongside the existing coaches as the GWR often ran mixed diagrams on everything except their principle expresses. This Collett stock lasted long enough to receive both crimson/cream and Maroon liveries and ran alongside the early diesels.

Regards, Matt

Comment

Definitely a Mk3 SLEP. How about the Mk2 range of coaches? especially the Mk2A and Mk2D.
                Or, If Dapol feel very adventurous.. How about a new class 91, Mk4s and DVT as a train pack similar to the HST packs?

Cheers
                Mark

Comment

• VoyagerBen
                  VoyagerBen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Class 91 +MK4s +DVT sounds great! Count me in for both East Coast & VTEC liveries.

I know possibly a small market but I would like some royal coaches made to go behind the royal 67's and jubilee 67.

Comment

• DavidInYork
                  DavidInYork commented
                  Editing a comment
                  To do that properly would be extremely expensive, as the real ones have numerous bespoke modifications so most of them would have to be tooled individually - can't see how it could ever be viable, to be honest.

N gauge GWR 4 Compartment BCK and BTK brakes and slip coaches, as used on the Weymouth line would be really nice. And Clerestory coaches

Comment

I've voted for "Mainline" and "1995-Present" therefore I feel obliged to tell Dapol what I'd love to see...

- Mk2A coaches
                  - Mk2D coaches
                  - Mk3 Sleepers
                  - Mk4 coaches
                  Last edited by JeremiahBunyan; 15 June 2016, 03:46.
                  Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Pinto View Post

Hello,

I agree that more/upgraded GWR Colletts would be extremely welcome. The existing models are actually only 2 bodyshells, the C73 Third and the E159 Brake composite. Technically the models offered for the Composite and Brake 3rd are incorrect as the real Collett coaches to these diagrams had different bodyshells. I would love to see a revamped line with the 4 different bodyshells correctly modelled and tooled to the same standards as the NGS K41.

A slightly different alternative would be to offer the slightly earlier Collett mainline stock as Hornby have released in 00. These could be used easily alongside the existing coaches as the GWR often ran mixed diagrams on everything except their principle expresses. This Collett stock lasted long enough to receive both crimson/cream and Maroon liveries and ran alongside the early diesels.

Regards, Matt
                    I agree Matt I would also try to include a catering coach or 2 and some of the post office / parcel stock.

I think the siphons, b sets and auto could all do with upgrading.

Siphons to get the other variant that lasted into blue.

Regards
                    Richard

Comment

Hello

May I suggest Pullman cars. We only have the Farish Mk1's (and they're not 'proper' Pullmans) plus the old generic Farish matchboard-sided coach and, for the Southern (railway and region) expresses, Pullmans were ubiquitous.

Martin

Comment

• Newleaf
                        Newleaf commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Absolutely Pullmans with lamps, definitely, yes please!

• emuman
                        emuman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes please 6 & 4 wheel bogies would be nice. with optional interior lights please. MH.

• RailGooner
                        RailGooner commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes! Diagram 'K' please.
                    Working...
                    X