No announcement yet.

Future models (N Gauge Locomotives)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be great to see some of the smaller pre grouping engines such as outside framed GWR classes e.g. city class and suitable coaches

Comment

Class 92 for sure

HST in GWR livery as previously mentioned above

I also agree that a re-run of the Class 220 / 221 would be good (can you also make sure that the flanges aren't so prominent this time - can't clear my Atlas code 55 points, so just looks pretty in a siding!)

Several posters have mentioned Class 73 - these are already being re-tooled for GaugeMaster - good selection of interesting liveries; I spoke to the guys at GM recently about the (perpetually delayed) release date, but was assured they were worth the wait, as they had received some EP examples & were really pleased with them - I understood the re-tool permitted the option for a 73/9, but Dapol can correct me on this point, if I'm incorrect.

Interesting that Class 91 / Mk4 DVT gets a few mentions - certainly the Farish version is very poor / outdated - i'd definitely consider upgrading.

For the wish list, I'd also really like a proper modern EMU - Class 365, or an Electrostar - not enough of those around yet, although Farish / Revolution are making in-roads into addressing that deficit.

Comment

• emuman
        emuman commented
        Editing a comment
        I would love Southern Electrostars & matching class 172 dmu's. MH.

A Collet 2251 with a sensible tender - it'd sell well if as good as your Panniers.

AEC GWR railcar subject to the shrink ray and a 120/118/ or 117 DMU in descending order of preference.

Regards

Matt W

Comment

Class 91 & mk4's. Would sit well in the range with the existing HST.

Comment

Please consider the ubiquitous Bullied 4 Sub........

Gerry

Comment

I would buy class 81,85,87,90 and 91. Maybe even a 92 but it would probably be a single 92 due to them being introduced right at the end of the period I model.
            My class 86's need stable mates of the same standard which is why I refuse to buy the current Farish electric loco's.
            Saying that... Dapol's take on an N gauge Class 47 would be interesting... Plenty of loco's/liveries to choose from.

Cheers
            Mark

Comment

I would really like it if some EMU's were to be made , Like the class 375 - class 379 Electrostars , and the class 92 as these seem to be well
              high up on the request list every year .

Comment

Originally posted by JR_P View Post
                Several posters have mentioned Class 73 - these are already being re-tooled for GaugeMaster - good selection of interesting liveries; I spoke to the guys at GM recently about the (perpetually delayed) release date, but was assured they were worth the wait, as they had received some EP examples & were really pleased with them - I understood the re-tool permitted the option for a 73/9, but Dapol can correct me on this point, if I'm incorrect.
                I was un-aware that the N -gauge Class 73 was being re-tooled. I can't believe my eyes still. Have I missed some official announcement? Can Andy, Joel or Neil shed some light on this or is it in GaugeMaster's hands?

Would love to see those EPs...

Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                  Joel Dapol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It was only a minor re-tool to enable us to make a more accurate JB version I am afraid. 73/9 is not possible with the tools we currently have. Sorry to say the decorated samples are the property of GM and it's up to them to publish them not us, unfortunately.

• JeremiahBunyan
                  JeremiahBunyan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nonetheless you'll have made the effort to get something accurate. I am very happy to see such changes made (minor or not). It is a pity about the Class 73/9. I am hoping to focus more on N gauge and build a proper layout (fictional), and leave OO and O mainly for display and weekend runs.

Pity about the EPs, I was hoping to see an EP or image of the CAD.

Cheers Joel.

Another vote for the EM1/2 electrics. Heck, I'd even find room somewhere to build a layout based on the MSW using the N gauge catenary of course

Comment

I'm a big pregrouping fan and think there is a market for them, if my experience with other modelers is to be beleieved. LBSCR and SECR locos are well liked, both because of their association with the Bluebell, and because of their beautiful liveries. LBSCR D1 and D3 classes were common and enduring, as were several of the E class tanks (E2s would sell for Thomas rebuilds, I can pretty much guarantee). The SECR P, C and H classes are all also excellent choices, with beautiful liveries and surviving examples.

Comment

Another that springs to mind and which is long overdue for a new model/retooling is the Stanier 8F, one of the most numerous classes to have been built. When you've sorted the new coreless motor I'm sure it would prove most popular.

Comment

I have another couple for you

You could also have a go at the Class165/166. At least 8 variations in livery. Including Chiltern, GWR, first plain blue, First dynamic lines, NSE, and Thames trains. Would fit in well with the HSTs, and also the 68 Chiltern set (hint hint).

the other major DMU is the 168/170/171/172 family of units. Seen far and wide across the country. Many liveries in equally as many 2 and 3 coach options with some front lights and interconnecting door variations? The Chiltern and London Midland (172) and Chiltern Mainline (168) liveries, would fit in well with the above 165 and 68 Chiltern set (another hint) and the London Midland 153 and 170 and cross country Voyagers (220/221). The Farish 68 hasn't been seen for years and the 170 is very long in the tooth too.

Go for a West Midland DMU lock out.

Alistair

Comment

How about some Southern Region Tank engines or earlier Tender engines (ie Pre Grouping Designs)?

We've got the Terrier and M7 from yourselfs with the Standard 3/4, Merchant Navy and N class covered by Farish but that's it.

A nice LBSCR E4, LSWR G6, SECR H class would go very nicely on the tank engine front while a LBSCR C2X, LSWR H15 or SECR D1/E1 would look great as far as Tender engines go.

Cheers,

Jon

Comment

• NGaugeUS
                          NGaugeUS commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Love all of those ideas

Most 1st generation DMU's would sell well enough I would have thought. As an LMR/NER modeller the top of my list would be a class 110 BRCW Calder Valley set.

A Swindon class124 Trans-Pennine unit would be lovely if a bit pricey with four body tools required and six cars in a set.

For a diesel loco it would have to be a class 28 Co-Bo, but in original format with wrap-around cab Windows for 'Condor' express freight duties.

Steam-wise original and rebuilt LMS Patriots, 2P and 4P LMS Compounds, a Fowler 2-6-4 tank and any L&Y or NER 0-6-0 tender types.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                          JeremiahBunyan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          +1 in terms of a vote for the Class 110

With the cost of models continuing to go skywards, and with most of the BR standards and many big four top link locos now done, I would think that a number of big four shunting locos/big tank locos/small tender locos wouldn't go amiss.
                        People like quirky these days, and there are a number of quirky locos from e.g. Hornby right now that really do look the business.
                        I know I am a Southern man, but I could manage a T9 4-4-0, a 700 0-6-0 (yes I know these are both UM designs, but they are not to current detail standards), an N15/S15/Lord Nelson 4-6-0, and some lovely heavyweight tank locos like the W and Z classes.
                        If I was a GWR fella I'd like some big prairie tanks. At least something that didn't look like a top link locomotive.
                        Oh and you could do a Franco Crosti 9F of course.

Second Generation Multiple Units all seem to have been done now, so its time for some first generation stuff to be considered I think.
                        We are missing nice 63' multiple units like the ubiquitous 116/117/118s, and while I'd like a 123 Swindon Inter City unit they were limited in their deployment (WR and then trans-Pennine routes).
                        With the Kernow 4TC just announced in OO, it would be difficult to see Dapol do that just in N, but I can see a 4-CIG/4-BIG going down well in N and OO. No one has done a short N gauge EMU like a 2-HAP or 2-EPB unit, but I'm sure something to complement the 4-CEP would go down well. And if you did a Bullied 4-SUB in N and OO I would be delirious.
                        North of Watford, the AM10 units were really very pretty, and would compliment your 86.

Comment

Working...
                        X