Private owner wagons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private owner wagons

Delighted to see regular releases of wagons It would be better to have new liveries rather than just renumberings. There are loads of liveries that have yet to be done that have been in OO and O. The artwork exists for reduction.. There seems to be a number of collectors of such wagons -100?

I have bought several commissions in 2018 from Hailsham MRC, Swansea MRC ( with a new one due in 20190, W Sussex MRG . Dapol have also done some PO wagons as standard issues in 2018

Comment

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      We are keen to push these and any requests with accompanying photos would be greatly appreciated, so get them rolling in!

Just discovered another N commission for my collection by Llangollen Railway GPV van in cream with Welsh Dragon side. Quite difficult to track commissions.

There are several private owners which travelled widely and had many wagons. Hudson Volume 5 has article - Cory, Charringtons, Stephenson Clarke, Ricketts, Beattie, Modern Transport.
    CWS is another. I am surprised that Preserved lines do not commission ones that relate to their operation.

Comment

Just discovered the first N commission for 2019. by Hobby Goblin, Stoke. They have doen several in OO previously. This is a 7plank for Stirrup and Pye of Stoke.-black -135 made. Is based on a real wagon as featured in Thomas Sketchbook Vol1. I prefer real liveries.
      The Swansea MRG has confirmed plans for a new commission in N, OO and O and are reviewing art work shortly before opening order book.

Comment

Just been doing some local history of Gt Yarmouth and the railway.
        I found photo in MGN Circle Bulletin of Co-operative Wholesale Society wagon at Yarmouth Beach (closed 1959). These were widely travelled and not done in N and only one version in OO. Turton's books -Vol3.7.5.9 have photos.
        Also found 7 plank Cory wagon on Quay-another large company.which travelled widely. Also had Mineral wagons. Hudson and Turton have photos.

It may also be worth doing a wagon for Corwen opening and Oswestry.-plenty to choose from at Oswestry!

Comment

Several new 7 planks due soon from
          Croydon MRC Chapman and Son -black
          Hailsham MRC- George Giles red
          Swansea N MG -Poole and Co- light blue

Comment

I see some new Dapol 7 plank commissions have arrived at www.wagonyard.co.uk. Madge (of London and Brighton), Furness (of Epsom) and one with two owners on side - Bonner (coal merchant) and Mason Toogood (cigarette manufacturer) of Guildford.

Comment

More commissions are announced- Guagemaster has listed several new liveries on order, Medway Queen has the GUV as tool van ( red or blue) and Simply Southern has Gasson -tent supplier GPV -very attractive and real livery and in Private Owners of SE book.

Comment

Correction Simply Southern is Battle gunpowder. wagon

Comment

Working...
                X