6 wheel Milk Tanker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 wheel Milk Tanker

Any chance of the Milk Tanker being reissued in the original Express Dairy Dark Blue livery?

I agree on more the express Dairy's in dark blue I'd also since you do this wagon in OO will you shrink this United Dsires SR into N sometime soon

Comment

• chriswrightmk
      chriswrightmk commented
      Editing a comment
      I am surprised this livery with large lettering has not been done before.

There seems to be some interest in departmental wagons now so it my be worthwhile revisiting the colourful Sand T livery of red and yellow

I would have to go for the all silver United Creameries and Unigate Creameries 2F-031-004 & 2F-034-011 as there the ones I seem to remember hauling behind a 52 and a class 47 on different occasions and some extra's to complement what's already been issued wold not go amiss.

Chris
    Last edited by Chris Newman; 7th October 2017, 23:18. Reason: spelling mistakes

Comment

Have any Express Dairy tanks been done in silver? If not then it would be a good variation to have (particularly if weathered!).

Cheers, Mike

Comment

• Chris Newman
        Chris Newman commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Mike , Yes, I've just google searched 2F-031-008, and Hattons have some god Pic's of it, same as "Unigate " wagons but the small name band is Blue with white titles, however these wagons seem not to have any numbers on them,
        Chris

• mike
        mike commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Chris!

I'd love some more of these to match my set with the Green Class 22 - any chance Dapol might consider releasing another six-pack without the locomotive with different running numbers?

Comment

• Chris Newman
        Chris Newman commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi team dapol, I'd jump at the chance to own several sets of tanks as previously issued with the 22's/35's, but also as supplementary/additional sets to boost the previous issues!!

Chris

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Too late for this batch I am afraid, but we will consider it for the future.

Are there any images available of the next batch of these wagons which appear to be on the way? I would like to pre-order some but I would like to see some pictures first. Thanks.

Comment

• Chris Newman
        Chris Newman commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Gerry, Thanks for that, Found a list on Hattons site, not quite as detailed. Interesting to note though that that 2F-031-011 "Unigate Creameries Ltd" Is 70351(I have this on my desk in front of me as I type this), now they're saying it's united Creameries in the same sequence, but having seen a picture in a David Larkin Book, the 703?? sequence is dedicated to "Unigate Creameries Ltd", it'll be interesting to see what actually appears?? Chris PS (they also used 70346 + 70349 on their OO wagons as "Unigate Creameries Ltd).

• Chris Newman
        Chris Newman commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope The Dapol team are reading this as I'd like to "Bump"/Nudge them as to my earlier post #5.1 as I believe this would also be applicable at this time. Chris.

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        We will put some pictures of the production versions out soon.

Hi Dapol,

I really liked the weathering applied to the milk tankers in the class 22 box sets (so much that I ended buying 3 lots, just for the tankers). It is far ahead of the brown spray on the earlier Hymek sets.

However it is also much lighter than many of these vehicles in actual service. How about producing some milk tankers weathered in the same way as your silver bullets? Actually make the dirt and patina part of the applied paint. The picture below at Hemyock captures the sort of finish I have in mind and was typical of milk tankers in the 60s and 70s.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Good idea, we will see what we can do.
    Working...
    X