Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur Hodgett
    replied
    Not sure how or if I should start a new topic on shorter bars? I have been playing with a couple of HST mk3's and loco hauled ones and a couple of Maunsells. All will push round a 9" radius circle with two short knuckle connectors, looks a bit ugly but no buffer clash or derailing. Don't know what the pips are called on an NEM coupling but my measurements are between centers of pips; 2 Rapido 16mm, 2 long Knuckle 14.7mm, 1 long and 1 short knuckle 13.2mm, 2 short knuckle 11.5mm. The Shapeways black ones I bought are far too rough IMO and are 14mm, I have ordered the Shapeways white ones which come in 3 sizes to see if they are any better. If there is any further interest I'll comment on them when they arrive.

Leave a comment:

• Arthur Hodgett
    replied
    Do you mean plenty of MJA's (hope not, hope they are running off the shelves) or plenty of bars? if so can I buy some please?

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Okay, we will see about producing shorter bars on the next run of MJA's. I am not sure when that will be as we still have plenty of stock from this run left.

• Vonzack
    replied
    JR_P very good point, they would be great for HSTs and other rakes of wagons.

Leave a comment:

• JR_P
    replied
    I’d definitely support production of shorter link bars. The existing bars are certainly too long, at least from an aesthetics perspective.... not sure what the prototypical gap should be.

If packs of shorter link bars were made available, I would buy them. I’d probably also use them for semi-permanently coupled rakes of (eg.) HSTs.... assuming an appropriate distance between vehicles was achieved.

Leave a comment:

• Vonzack
    replied
    The bar couplings do work very well, but I've decided not to use mine because I swapped the Rapido couplings for long / short dummy knuckles and the gaps between the sets looked odd. The gaps between the wagon in the sets and the coupled sets is the same in real life.

I'd definitely support a shorter bar, maybe in packs of 5, to align with quantities for the dummy knuckles. A medium (short / long dummy knuckle) and a short (short / short dummy knuckle) would be good, and should also align with the distances for the easi-shunts too.

Leave a comment:

• Arthur Hodgett
    replied
    Just seen the NTrains review of these wagons [in N Gauge of course] and they are exceptional, very well done Dapol again. But I did think the coupling bar between them was a bit on the long side BUT I would certainly buy a pack of various sizes for rakes of other wagons to avoid the famous and rather ugly N gauge coupling. I did buy some from a company making early 3D prints but they were fairly rough whereas these look much much better. How about decent size packs of say 25 or so of various sizes please !!!

Leave a comment:

• PaulShanahanUK
    replied
    Thanks Jeremiah, much appreciated. I saw the notifications earlier about the subscriptions, when I’m next on my channel, I’ll take a look at your vidz. 👍

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    I like your video! I have both liked and subscribed from both my channels "Transport Hub" and "Pegasus Desgns"

• PaulShanahanUK
    replied
    I’ve done a review of these wagons on my YouTube channel here;
    https://youtu.be/Agci9naibRY
    bear in mind, I’m new in front of the camera and this is my very first review.

Leave a comment:

• carderrail
    replied
    They look great - make sure you check yours carefully as have found one set where the whole coupling assembly/coupler is missing at one end.... It wasn't obvious until I took it out to photograph for my website.

Tony

Leave a comment:

• Ian3721
    replied
    MJAs

Congrats to all at Dapol. I think these are great wagons, good value for money too. Only had the intention of buying the GBRF ones, but now I'm going to have to buy the freightliner one too... What with the HST soon as well.

Leave a comment:

• JR_P
    replied
    Happy to report that these are delightful wagons :-) !

Got a couple of observations though....

1) there is only one length of link bar - might have been nice to have a short and a long (unless my eyesight is failing me and they are slightly different!)

2) no NEM dummy knuckle couplers included :-(

3) no jewel case; cardboard outer and clear plastic inner, akin to GF wagon packaging.... not fussed either way on this aspect; merely an observation

Leave a comment:

• JR_P
    replied
    Seems these just hit the retailers today - bought a dozen GBRF (6x pairs).... never particularly intended to buy these, but this livery looks really nice and will look great with Evening Star :-) .... so glad Dapol decided to do the GBRF livery in addition to Freightliner

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    So still Q3 right if you'll aren't taking it by the financial year?
Working...
X