Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N gauge MJA wagons

Here goes my 250th post on this forum!

As I understand it the MJAs have not only been announced in OO gauge but also N gauge. The OO gauge ones have hit the shelves and now the second batch of OO gauge ones has been announced. This second batch has the GBRf ones included.

This got me thinking, the N gauge MJA wagons are still in the CAD stage (or possibly in the tooling room). Would it be possible to add the GBRf versions in the first batch of N gauge MJA wagons? In 2017 Dapol released two GBRf Class 66s, one in the current GBRf livery and another in the special "Evening Star" livery. So how about some accompanying wagons to go along with that?

Just a thought.

Regards,
    J
    Last edited by JeremiahBunyan; 23 February 2018, 02:32.
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

A very good thought in my opinion. The MJA's are in tooling (In fact we have had the first test shots) and we will be announcing the first batch quite soon. I would be interested in peoples thoughts about the inclusion of GBRf variants.
    Regards
    Joel

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

I would be happy to add a GBRf rake to my fleet.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the feedback

Delighted to see that the GB Railfreight wagons have now been announced to the trade. I'll be in for all three sets.

https://www.dapol.co.uk/N-Gauge-MJA-Wagons

Comment

Quite pleased too see my suggestion was taken onboard. I'll most likely order all three sets. The painted samples look impressive.
        Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Can't wait for these wagons, they will look great. Do we have an eta for being available to buy

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            As stated by Dapol it is scheduled to arrive in Q3 2018

• Joel Dapol
            Joel Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            They are about to ship, so should be in store around mid August.

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            So still Q3 right if you'll aren't taking it by the financial year?

Seems these just hit the retailers today - bought a dozen GBRF (6x pairs).... never particularly intended to buy these, but this livery looks really nice and will look great with Evening Star :-) .... so glad Dapol decided to do the GBRF livery in addition to Freightliner

Comment

Happy to report that these are delightful wagons :-) !

Got a couple of observations though....

1) there is only one length of link bar - might have been nice to have a short and a long (unless my eyesight is failing me and they are slightly different!)

2) no NEM dummy knuckle couplers included :-(

3) no jewel case; cardboard outer and clear plastic inner, akin to GF wagon packaging.... not fussed either way on this aspect; merely an observation

Comment

MJAs

Congrats to all at Dapol. I think these are great wagons, good value for money too. Only had the intention of buying the GBRF ones, but now I'm going to have to buy the freightliner one too... What with the HST soon as well.

Comment

They look great - make sure you check yours carefully as have found one set where the whole coupling assembly/coupler is missing at one end.... It wasn't obvious until I took it out to photograph for my website.

Tony

Comment

I’ve done a review of these wagons on my YouTube channel here;
                  https://youtu.be/Agci9naibRY
                  bear in mind, I’m new in front of the camera and this is my very first review.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                    JeremiahBunyan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like your video! I have both liked and subscribed from both my channels "Transport Hub" and "Pegasus Desgns"

Thanks Jeremiah, much appreciated. I saw the notifications earlier about the subscriptions, when I’m next on my channel, I’ll take a look at your vidz. 👍

Comment

Just seen the NTrains review of these wagons [in N Gauge of course] and they are exceptional, very well done Dapol again. But I did think the coupling bar between them was a bit on the long side BUT I would certainly buy a pack of various sizes for rakes of other wagons to avoid the famous and rather ugly N gauge coupling. I did buy some from a company making early 3D prints but they were fairly rough whereas these look much much better. How about decent size packs of say 25 or so of various sizes please !!!

Comment

The bar couplings do work very well, but I've decided not to use mine because I swapped the Rapido couplings for long / short dummy knuckles and the gaps between the sets looked odd. The gaps between the wagon in the sets and the coupled sets is the same in real life.

I'd definitely support a shorter bar, maybe in packs of 5, to align with quantities for the dummy knuckles. A medium (short / long dummy knuckle) and a short (short / short dummy knuckle) would be good, and should also align with the distances for the easi-shunts too.

Comment

I’d definitely support production of shorter link bars. The existing bars are certainly too long, at least from an aesthetics perspective.... not sure what the prototypical gap should be.

If packs of shorter link bars were made available, I would buy them. I’d probably also use them for semi-permanently coupled rakes of (eg.) HSTs.... assuming an appropriate distance between vehicles was achieved.

Comment

Working...
                        X