KSA Nacco Timber Wagons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSA Nacco Timber Wagons

When are you going to do some timber wagons to put behind the Colas loco's? I can't believe you still haven't done these; especially with Kronospan being on your doorstep. They'd look great with our 56's or 66's.

Yeah, agreed!.... something a little different to the usual freight flows currently available RTR....

Comment

The N Gauge Society produced a kit a few years ago for the NACCO version, although there do seem to be two types that get used by Colas, KSA and KFA. Maybe Dapol could consider doing the KFA as these look quite similar to their Cargowaggons from a few years ago.

KSA - https://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UK...ns/i-g54nzmw/A

KFA (timber) - https://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UK...rs/i-PVvgQ4f/A

The Society KSAs have been around for a few years, but the kits have been waiting for parts recently. fingers crossed they get it sorted soon, I missed out on the original run and would like some.

Cheers, Mark.

Comment

• baister1
        baister1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I joined the NGS 3 years ago to buy this kit and am still waiting. Sad to say, I won't be re-joining this time.
        Last edited by baister1; 25 October 2016, 18:39. Reason: Spelling

• Vonzack
        Vonzack commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the NGS Shop is just getting back on it's feet, kits are being released again, so fingers crossed they'll be back soon.

I think the KFA wagons are an excellent idea and I am sure our Cargowaggon chassis could be used. Definitely on the research list
      Attached Files
      Regards
      Joel

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• baister1
        baister1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Put me down for 12 or so!

• Vonzack
        Vonzack commented
        Editing a comment
        Would definitely be interested in some to mix in with the NGS Kits to make a prototypical rake.

Hi folks

The KFAs would be a nice choice - IIRC the Dapol chassis might work, the bogies definitely will be right. The ends are different.

Cheers, Mike

PS the NGS kit of the KSA did not come out until Easter 2014 IIRC and was widely available until the problems with the previous shop holder. It has taken us a considerable time (though far from 3 years!) to sort out kit production but it has begun again and the KSA is one of the highest priorities.

Comment

Working...
      X