Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scruff
    commented on 's reply
    Neil Dapol have you looked here for photo's?

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/pa...srailwaywagons
    https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brdogfish

hope it helps
    Mark
    Last edited by Scruff; 1 week ago.

• Neil Dapol
    replied
    New Batch of Dogfish Wagons Announced

2F-041-000 Dogfish BR Olive DB993353
    2F-041-001 Dogfish BR Olive DB993138
    2F-041-002 Dogfish BR Grey DB993073
    2F-041-003 Dogfish BR Grey DB983184
    2F-041-004 Dogfish BR Black DB983000
    2F-041-005 Dogfish BR Black DB993059
    2F-041-006 Dogfish BR Dutch Grey/Yellow DB992929
    2F-041-007 Dogfish BR Dutch Grey/Yellow DB983577

We are currently in the process of generating artwork, the models are expected to be in shops Q1 2021.If anyone has and substantiating photographs to bolster the ones I have collected so far that they can share with me to help with this project it would be much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Newman
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Bob, I think this is a good idea, because if it does help to keep the cost down it may well help to encourage people to buy more!! and if done in sensible breakdown of parts and sub assemblies, any one who has done an "Airfix" kit should be able to put one together and get the satisfaction of "Building their own" to add to their layout. Chris
    Last edited by Chris Newman; 14 August 2019, 02:29. Reason: correcting spelling mistake.

• Andy Dapol
    replied
    Hi Bob G,
    Thanks for your comments. No promises, but we'll take these under advisement during our next planning meeting.

Leave a comment:

• Bob G
    replied
    This thread has been quiet for some while. Can I summarise the frustrations and some ideas from the NGS Forum.

I'm not worried about NEM pockets or not, if this would get the Dogfish into production again. I'm sure others can live with that too.
    There are folk looking for BR black, BR Olive (never before been done - Lord knows why not as it was one of the most long lived after Black), and Dutch liveries.
    We have heard from Dapol that the Dogfish is too costly to manufacture now. But at what price point is that judgement call made?
    They regularly reach £15 each on EBay.
    If we cannot have an RTR could we have a kit of parts - Dapol sell chassis, bodies and assembled unpainted models all the time. Could we have an unpainted Dogfish, a part built Dogfish with detail pack to add, or just an unpainted kit of bits to make one. This would satisfy so many modellers.

Leave a comment:

• Crepello
    replied
    While NEM pockets would be desirable, you can replace the rapidos with Bachmann buckeyes from USA; I've covered the pockets with thin black paper folded round the pocket and glued to hold the springs in. These buckeyes are compatible with the Dapol Nemcoups.

Leave a comment:

• JonHarbour
    replied
    Another run of the black Dogfish wagons (with different running numbers) would be very welcome too!

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    More Dutch please! What happened to the NB070E NB070F NB070G NB070H Dutch livery Dogfish that a fair few retailers (Rails/Hattons) are expecting and have been for a while?

Cheers
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• Boco_D2
    replied
    It would be great if did produce some more, engineers Dutch and olive green would be my choice of colours.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Suggestions for the liveries we should do would also be welcome as since the last run was manufactured the development personnel have all changed :-)

• Chris Newman
    commented on 's reply
    understanding that you need to make sufficient quantities to make it viable---will it be in different liveries and new numbers please?

• Joel Dapol
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestions, I think another run of dogfish is possible for 2017.

Leave a comment:

• Les1952
    replied
    They are getting hard to get hold of, even secondhand. I'm looking for half a dozen suitable for late steam era.....

Leave a comment:

• Roy L S
    replied
    I would love to see another run, possibly upgraded with NEM pockets, but even if not. I have recently trawled the internet to try to add to my small rake of 7 with no success. I have bought four Grampus wagons in the meantime (very nice) but I am sure there are a fair few like Jon and myself out there in the market for the Dogfish.

Leave a comment:

• angr607
    started a topic Dogfish Wagons

Dogfish Wagons

Are there any plans to do any more dogfish wagons in N gauge? They're the closest thing available ready to run to those used by London Transport so would got great with the LT Panniers you've already produced (and I own two of with plans to get the 3rd some how).

Cheers,

Jon
Working...
X