No announcement yet.

Class 86 1st Decorated samples

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone from Dapol please respond if the pantographs will become available again as spare parts?

Regards,
    Michel

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      Tagging someone might help Joel Dapol Neil Dapol

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      I have checked and we have few packs in our on site shop. If you need these, drop our sales email a contact on sales@dapol.co.uk

We will probably not do these again in the future as we had these in stock for along time. if we do decide to release these again, we will change the format and have a pair of the same style of panto in the pack and not a mixture of styles, as currently is the case.

I hope that helps.

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      I think sales have been slow because the pantograph arms are a little longer than they should be. I've seen so many people asking for a Brecknell-Willis pantograph from the likes of RevolutioN etc. I like the Dapol pantographs, but I feel it's a little too long.

Thanks for your respons Joel Dapol , I've just sent an email enquiring about them.

Regards,
    Michel

Comment

Hi Gang,

It has been very quiet on the Class 86 front for a while now.
      Is there any progress on manufacture and delivery date??

Later,
      Stu from EGDL.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        They're due next month.

Hi, I see the 86's are due any day now. Has this batch been upgraded to NEXT18 specs or is it 6 pin DCC as previous releases?
      Thanks,
      Keith.

Comment

• Neil Dapol
        Neil Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Kieth

They are fitted with NEXT-18 Decoder sockets, any factory fitted DCC models will be fitted with the Imperium II chip

Kind Regards

Neil

• Keith Ware
        Keith Ware commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Neil, order about to be placed!!

Glad to see these have finally hit store shelves...

I initially wanted the Caledonian Sleeper one and Les Ross, but the shade of blue on Les Ross looks extremely light, so I'll have to reluctantly decline. Order placed for the Caledonian Sleeper one.
      Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        Well then I think I'll buy one if any remain once I can save up for it....If only I lived near a model shop and could see the model in the flesh. Studio photos are often over-exposed and so far that is all I've seen of it.

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        We did actually go the bother of getting another body shell made up with a slightly darker colour and it looked wrong, so in the end we went with the original. This colour business is so hard to get right and so subjective if using photographs as a reference.

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahh well, it is truly subjective. Sorry for the rant. Really wish I lived near a model shop.

My BR Blue one finally arrived (after a 5 year wait

Dapol Class 86 (86216) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Dapol Class 86 (86216) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Overall I'm very happy with this, in particular the blue looks convincing. Occasional uncoupling issues with Farish coaches, but that's nothing new...

I did place it in my locomotive cradle with the intent of a little light oiling, as recommended in the instruction, but blobs of grease were clearly visible on the gears so I omitted this step, hope it doesn't void the guarantee...

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking absolutely superb!!!

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        No, it will not void the guarantee, newly produced models should not really require lubrication. A common sense approach is needed, the problem being that we do not know how long these models can be in shop stock rooms. Our advise is to oil if required and don't if all looks good

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can offer some advice; I recently decided to start purchasing new locos as DCC fitted in advance of swapping over to DCC at some point ‘soon’.... my first DCC purchase was Peter Pan / Les Ross - lovely looking loco. So I put it on my DC test track - simple oval, using a Gaugemaster Combi controller.... no other locos or rolling stock on the track.... turn the power on and the lights come on, but no movement - am I doing anything wrong? The paperwork with the loco explicitly states it will work on DC as it is NMRA compliant.

so the question is; am I missing a trick, or is it a dud?

thanks in advance all :-)

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        From what I've read up online, this is what I concluded...

- IIRC the address assigned to the DCC chip to work on DC must be 0. Most if not all decoders are programmed from the factory and the default address is 3.
        - DCC locomotives will run on DC, however the decoder will not work as there's no signals being sent to it.
        - It has been widely reported that trying to run a DCC loco on DC can result in extremely slower acceleration and/or absolutely no movement at all.

• JR_P
        JR_P commented
        Editing a comment
        JeremiahBunyan and Andy Dapol thanks for comments and advice - much appreciated. I think I’m just gonna have to ‘bite the bullet’ and purchase a DCC system and get a test track set-up.... £200 on a controller isn’t nearly as fun as £100 on a new loco.... I hope DCC proves as fun as all the claims ;-) !

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        JR_P you get some good DCC controllers for newbies for £100-£120 from Hornby, Bachmann and Gaugemaster.

If you're only just entering the world of DCC, I suggest going for a budget one. Especially if you want a simple layout (oval, double oval, circuits with a few sidings etc)

JR_P This sounds unusual, certainly the locomotive should behave as a standard DC only model would. I would expect it to move at about the same time as the lights illuminate. Assuming this is a factory fit DCC model I suggest contacting the supplier for a replacement.
      Regards
      Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Working...
      X