Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JeremiahBunyan
    Regular contributor
    • Jun 2016

Neil Dapol is there any progress on the Class 86s? Would love to see some art work.
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• TheNinja
      Just starting out here
      • Feb 2017

New to this thread as well. My preferences:
      86101 in BR Blue (as preserved) or Caledonian Teal
      86501 Freightliner (to run on its own)
      Any other Freightliner livery (original grey/red triange, old or new FL green)
      Class 87s (inc 87101) and 90s (esp Freightliners) also very welcome...

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
      Regular contributor
      • Jun 2016

Any updates on the planned releases? Artwork or product codes of some kind.
      Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Scruff
        Scruff commented
        Editing a comment
        I was here checking... hoping...!

cheers
        Mark

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't mind a delay, got a RevolutioN Class 92 that I so badly want and I need to save save save!
    • Douglas Smith
      Just starting out here
      • Nov 2016

Rail Blue has got to be a no brainer. Special commissions are ok for that rare locomotive or livery but RAIL BLUE?!? surely the one that would be most popular. I remember the C&M ones tempted me but the price for the awful (go on admit it) pantograph put me off. Has the class 86 moulds got the capability of producing a class 87?

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        "Has the class 86 moulds got the capability of producing a class 87?"
        Nope, but it's always better to have a locomotive tooled fully rather than share parts.
    • Neil Dapol
      Administrator
      • Jun 2016

Based on previous comments within this thread the following is a revised livery suggestion list:
      • 86249 - BR Swallow Livery - SYP - County of Merseyside
      • E3137 / 86259 - Electric Blue - Les Ross
      • 86101 - Caledonia Livery - Sir William A Stanier FRS
      • 86216 - BR Blue - FYP - Meteor

Let me know what you think - any decent photographs of Les Ross taken of both sides at the same time would be appreciated.....
      Regards
      Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• Scruff
      • Jun 2016

You've sold me 2 of those already Neil Dapol !

86216 and 249.

I'm a little surprised at 249 in INTERCITY as that was one of the later ones in blue, complete with TDM cables but not sure about the headlight though.

Doubts now removed, 25th august 1989, complete with headlight and TDM cables as per the Dapol 86. 86249 must have been one of the last 86's to carry rail blue and possibly the only one that Dapol could use in Rail blue with their Headlight/TDM front end tooling...

86216 carried INTERCITY livery so is there any chance of swapping these two round?

You could pick most of the class 86/2 if you used the earlier style front end tooling with just the marker lights in plain blue, as per the C & M ltd edition models..

just a couple of thoughts...

Cheers
      Mark
      Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.
      Last edited by Scruff; 7 February 2017, 22:47. Reason: wrong link included and wouldn't let me remove when editing....

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        Regular contributor
        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Neil Dapol
        Based on previous comments within this thread the following is a revised livery suggestion list:

Let me know what you think - any decent photographs of Les Ross taken of both sides at the same time would be appreciated.....
        86101 in Caledonian Sleeper for me! And probably 86259 "Les Ross" in Electric Blue also...

I hope Dapol can go to the extent of tooling up the Class 87 bogies used by 86101. As a pro you'll have lesser to tool if you do a Class 87 or Class 90 in future which to me is a sensible move. I personally won't be detered by the use of an incorrect bogie frame, but it will put of many people. So I hope Neil Dapol can have a word with the development team!

Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Scruff
          Scruff commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn't have been deterred by the wrong bogie either JeremiahBunyan but the Dapol bashers out there would have a field day...

cheers
          Mark

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Oooo yes, I don't like those kind of field days! Nonetheless if I want 86101 specifically then (and as I mentioned to Neil in a PM), I'd be happy to design the bogie and 3D print it. Will be happy to share it too...
      • railsquid
        Just starting out here
        • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Neil Dapol

"86216 - BR Blue - FYP - Meteor" would be lovely.

Comment

• mike
          Just starting out here
          • Jun 2016

Haven't we already had a Swallow 86? I would have thought an Executive livery 86 might be nice/better.

Cheers, Mike

Comment

• carderrail
            carderrail commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes - 86213 with incorrect yellow windows surrounds...
        • Neil Dapol
          Administrator
          • Jun 2016

Mike

Do you have anything specific in mind?
          Regards
          Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• Boco_D2
            Just starting out here
            • Sep 2016

As said pervious any intercity livery is fine with me but I would have a preference for Swallow livery, as I missed it the first time round (and have yet to come across a fair priced one on the second hand market). Would an alternative running number in virgin trains be considered? (And if so please do another virgin trains DVT, the prices these go for on eBay make my eyes water)

Comment

• Keith Ware
              Just starting out here
              • Jun 2016

One livery which I don't think has been mentioned (apologies if it has) is the European RFD livery.
              Picture below of the first one to carry the livery, I believe.

The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for inspiration, connection, and sharing!

Cheers,

Keith.

Comment

• Keith Ware
                Just starting out here
                • Jun 2016

One livery which I don't think has been mentioned before, apologies if it has, is the European RFD livery.

Cheers,

Keith.

​​​​​​​

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                  JeremiahBunyan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'd honestly forgotten about that. But Neil Dapol, if you're reading and if you think it's worth adding, then I'll be in for one of these.

Cheers!
              • Ben A
                Just starting out here
                • Jun 2016

Hello all,

I will defintely be in for 86259 but is it correct to say the colour is Electric Blue?

I know that the early AC electrics were in a paler blue shade originally but my understanding was that the 86s were delivered in Rail Blue, with the white cab roofs and yellow panels, and that 86259 replicates this.

It is very hard to tell from photographs as Rail Blue is a very deceptive colour. I would double check with the locomotive owner.

cheers

Ben A.

Comment

• markgrimes75
                  Just starting out here
                  • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Ben A
                  I know that the early AC electrics were in a paler blue shade originally but my understanding was that the 86s were delivered in Rail Blue, with the white cab roofs and yellow panels, and that 86259 replicates this.
                  Not quite so. Some of AL6 electrics were delivered brand new without yellow panels I have seen photographic evidence of them, although I don't have a specific link to post here.

I need a couple of dummy electric locos in 'as delivered' condition that would be perfect for my 1950s/1960s BR steam and diesel era layout for a diesel to tow the pair around! A pair of second hand Lima electrics would be the obvious answer, but I have high standards and they don't meet the criteria. Unless of course Bachmann decides to make AL5's for Farish N range, somehow I feel this is unlikely.

Regards,

Mark

Comment

• U704503
                    U704503 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Blue with white roof and small yellow panel; E number and with headcode box would be perfect for me and any of the AL1 to 5 classes. I would be placing orders straight away. I believe the 1960's electrics are sadly missing in N gauge.

Michael
                Working...