• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scruff
    commented on 's reply
    Request seconded...

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    Joel Dapol Neil Dapol is there any further update on this? An expected delivery date? I'm trying to set aside a budget for my N gauge stuff and an estimated delivery date would be much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    Is it possible to see some pictures of the artwork for these?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Neil Dapol View Post
    Based on previous comments within this thread the following is a revised livery suggestion list:
    • 86249 - BR Swallow Livery - SYP - County of Merseyside
    • E3137 / 86259 - Electric Blue - Les Ross
    • 86101 - Caledonia Livery - Sir William A Stanier FRS
    • 86216 - BR Blue - FYP - Meteor

Let me know what you think - any decent photographs of Les Ross taken of both sides at the same time would be appreciated.....
    My preference is definitely InterCity Executive (yellow lower cabsides, white BR arrow, etc.) this time rather than another Swallow version. Otherwise I guess it will have to be sent off for a partial respray.

Leave a comment:

commented on 's reply
    I hope you meant InterCity Executive livery (i.e. with the yellow cabsides and BR logo) as shown here:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2881/1...4c3a8fd0_b.jpg

• U704503
    commented on 's reply
    Blue with white roof and small yellow panel; E number and with headcode box would be perfect for me and any of the AL1 to 5 classes. I would be placing orders straight away. I believe the 1960's electrics are sadly missing in N gauge.

Michael

• Southernlad86
    replied
    BR Blue for me :-D

Leave a comment:

• markgrimes75
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben A View Post
    I know that the early AC electrics were in a paler blue shade originally but my understanding was that the 86s were delivered in Rail Blue, with the white cab roofs and yellow panels, and that 86259 replicates this.
    Not quite so. Some of AL6 electrics were delivered brand new without yellow panels I have seen photographic evidence of them, although I don't have a specific link to post here.

I need a couple of dummy electric locos in 'as delivered' condition that would be perfect for my 1950s/1960s BR steam and diesel era layout for a diesel to tow the pair around! A pair of second hand Lima electrics would be the obvious answer, but I have high standards and they don't meet the criteria. Unless of course Bachmann decides to make AL5's for Farish N range, somehow I feel this is unlikely.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a comment:

• Ben A
    replied
    Hello all,

I will defintely be in for 86259 but is it correct to say the colour is Electric Blue?

I know that the early AC electrics were in a paler blue shade originally but my understanding was that the 86s were delivered in Rail Blue, with the white cab roofs and yellow panels, and that 86259 replicates this.

It is very hard to tell from photographs as Rail Blue is a very deceptive colour. I would double check with the locomotive owner.

cheers

Ben A.

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    I'd honestly forgotten about that. But Neil Dapol, if you're reading and if you think it's worth adding, then I'll be in for one of these.

Cheers!

• Keith Ware
    replied
    One livery which I don't think has been mentioned before, apologies if it has, is the European RFD livery.

https://flic.kr/p/azQEmf

Cheers,

Keith.

​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Keith Ware
    replied
    One livery which I don't think has been mentioned (apologies if it has) is the European RFD livery.
    Picture below of the first one to carry the livery, I believe.

https://flic.kr/p/

Cheers,

Keith.

Leave a comment:

• Boco_D2
    commented on 's reply
    My mistake, I didn't realise 86's wore that livery, had a quick Google and parcels gets my vote.

• Keith Ware
    commented on 's reply
    RES is slightly different to Parcels livery, it was red with a dark grey between the cab door windows, pre dates RES by a couple of years or so. Anyway, another vote for Parcels here.

Keith.

• Boco_D2
    replied
    As said pervious any intercity livery is fine with me but I would have a preference for Swallow livery, as I missed it the first time round (and have yet to come across a fair priced one on the second hand market). Would an alternative running number in virgin trains be considered? (And if so please do another virgin trains DVT, the prices these go for on eBay make my eyes water)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X