X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BR Blue for me :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Dapol View Post
      Based on previous comments within this thread the following is a revised livery suggestion list:
      • 86249 - BR Swallow Livery - SYP - County of Merseyside
      • E3137 / 86259 - Electric Blue - Les Ross
      • 86101 - Caledonia Livery - Sir William A Stanier FRS
      • 86216 - BR Blue - FYP - Meteor

Let me know what you think - any decent photographs of Les Ross taken of both sides at the same time would be appreciated.....
      My preference is definitely InterCity Executive (yellow lower cabsides, white BR arrow, etc.) this time rather than another Swallow version. Otherwise I guess it will have to be sent off for a partial respray.

Comment

Is it possible to see some pictures of the artwork for these?
        Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Joel Dapol Neil Dapol is there any further update on this? An expected delivery date? I'm trying to set aside a budget for my N gauge stuff and an estimated delivery date would be much appreciated.
          Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the update Joel, much appreciated. Just one question, when we talk about Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4 are we referring to the calendar year or financial year?

• Joel Dapol
            Joel Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, yes referring to calendar years.

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Joel.

Cheers...

Certain retailers are now publishing the product codes for the Class 86, expected delivery is 4th Quarter 2017.
          • 2D-026-001 #86401 "Mons Meg" in Caledonian Sleeper livery
          • 2D-026-002 #86259 "Les Ross/Peter Pan" in Electric Blue livery
          • 2D-026-003 #86213 "Lancanshire Witch" in Intercity Exeutive livery
          • 2D-026-004 #86216 "Meteor" in BR Blue livery
          The usual rules apply. Same codes suffixed with "D" means it's a DCC ready model. The MRP is Β£109.95 for DC Analogue and Β£133.95 for DCC fitted.
          Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Alistair
            Alistair commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh darn. There's 2 of those in must have! 😁

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            You can say that again!

I'm a bit shocked at 86213 being in the list because 213 was released in intercity swallow livery with the first batch.
          All I ask is if it can't be changed then please don't fix the nameplates on because most people won't want two models of the same loco.

Cheers.
          Mark

Comment

Since Scruff pointed out that Class 86 #86213 was already done in the first batch, may I make a suggestion?

Joel Dapol and Neil Dapol How about Class 86 #86417 "The Kingsman" in Intercity Executive livery (unbranded)?

Some pictures of the loco in question below:-
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InterC...7_Carlisle.jpg
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/127815...5/33129362332/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/26841796482/
          (Credits to the respective photographers)
          Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Scruff
            Scruff commented
            Editing a comment
            For our purposes the 86/4 had multiple working jumper cables on the front ends as well as the TDM cables for push/pull working (these are on the Dapol model).
            They also had different wheels.
            Cheers
            Mark

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for explaining that Mark!

• Scruff
            Scruff commented
            Editing a comment
            No problem..
            In recent years the 86/4 have had the multiple working jumper cables removed leaving them looking like the 86/2...
            Cheers
            Mark

I think a different number to 213 would sell more as I would buy an exec liveried one but already have 86 213 when it first came out

Comment

• Joel Dapol
            Joel Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            We will check this out, we never intended to duplicate.

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Joel

• Scruff
            Scruff commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Joel

Cheers
            Mark

Hi good choice bar 213 I am sure easy to change at this stage. Hopefully this will see some work on overheads as well. Ordered via Kernow for a change
          Robert

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm waiting for my preferred retailer to list them to pre-order! Likewise I hope to see some progress on the OHE.

Just a thought with numbering of production is it worth providing a ghost new number for existing and older models it would allow comparisons and prevent duplication of painted numbers and make a product database for traders easier with the likes of Hattons still showing dead numbers on Mk3 coaches that appeared in the new mutlicscale register.
          Cheers
          Robert

Comment

Hi Dapol,

Another vote here to reconsider 86213 as a different running number to prevent previous duplication.
            I'm a big fan of 86224 with its slightly larger numbers and red bufferbeam.
            https://goo.gl/images/0lLCUf

Yours Hopefully
            Stu from EGDL

Comment

Hi Dapol,
              Will the 86216 Meteor in BR Blue have the same body version as the C&M Models BR Blue versions? ie without TDM cables and without headlight?
              Thanks in advance
              Padishar from Herrenberg

Comment

• Padishar
                Padishar commented
                Editing a comment
                And thanks in advance from me as well - I do see more sales with the tooling as per C&M :-)
                Regards

• Padishar
                Padishar commented
                Editing a comment
                Hallo Dapol,
                Have you any info on this yet? Your last post was 28th April
                Thanks in advance

• JeremiahBunyan
                JeremiahBunyan commented
                Editing a comment
                Every picture of 86216 that I've seen in BR Blue has the same version like what Dapol did for C&M. I did also see a one with a headcode but I don't think Dapol have tooled up for that. The only time I've seen in pictures of 86216 with TDM cables etc is in IC and I think Anglia too.

I was looking through the shiny new catalogue when I noticed a typing error relating to the class 86.

2D-026-001 (and 2D-026-001D) are listed being named "Meg Mons" rather than "Mons Meg".
              I hadn't seen any posts so thought it best to point it out just in case no one had noticed.

Looking forward for 86401.

Comment

Neil Dapol and Joel Dapol the online catalogue lists Class 86 #86401 as "Meg Mons" instead of "Mons Meg". Hope that error won't make it into the production version's nameplates.

​​​​​​​Cheers.
                Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

I missed this completely when this thread was first started, I've always wanted a Railfreight Distribution Class 86 (the livery with the blue roof). I am sure there was more than one but seen here is 86 622 in the splendid looking Railfreight Distribution livery. I know that it's probably much too late right now to put in a request for this, but I hope in the next batch in a couple of years time or so, Dapol can include this in that batch. NOTE the blue roof and Freightliner style buffers.

Full credits to the owner for such a lovely picture.

Click image for larger version  Name:	RfD cLASS 86.jpg Views:	1 Size:	151.7 KB ID:	6046
                  Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Working...
                  X