No announcement yet.

Dapol N gauge Class 86 - Livery wishlist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

86701 unfortunately did not see a huge amount of service with Colas which is a pity as it looked good! It was re-painted for the trails with the GUVs into Euston and also saw some use on Pendolino extra coach delivery trains ;-)

I think the real thing is now in Hungary as of earlier this year: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_wa...r/25785364234/

Cheers, Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mike View Post
      86701 unfortunately did not see a huge amount of service with Colas which is a pity as it looked good! It was re-painted for the trails with the GUVs into Euston and also saw some use on Pendolino extra coach delivery trains ;-)

I think the real thing is now in Hungary as of earlier this year: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_wa...r/25785364234/

Cheers, Mike
      86701 is now in Bulgaria - a shame as both the livery and service appeared attractive.

I found it an easy re-paint of a NQP that only needed a clean and lubrication.

Regards

Iain

Comment

I would like to replicate Crewe in the 1960s with Steam, Diesel and Electric locomotives so an early blue 86 would be great without the jumpers and with a head code box. Electric blue would be good in original and not Les Ross modern remake. Tho beggars can't be choosers and I am willing to modify if I have to. Early class 50s plus 86s = . Everybody goes on about 50s on the western. LMR had them first!!!!
        Anybody thought of making a dummy 86 that just sat and ticked tocked like they did?

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Joel,

When you'll first introduced the Class 86, you'll did a Limited Edition run of BR Blue Class 86s for C&M of Carlisle, apparently they didn't sell well as I've heard. Is that true and is that why the BR Blue variants have not been produced since? Most think that anything in BR Blue will sell.

• Joel Dapol
          Joel Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Jeremiah, I don't really know how they sold to be honest as the information is only known by C&M and it was a bit before my time here. I think the reason why we have not produced them again since, is to give C&M chance to sell their's through and you must also bear in mind have not produced any more Class 86's since late 2010. All liveries are on the table now though. I hope that helps

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Joel,

According to C&M they did sit around for a while as I am told. Waiting eagerly for the next batch.

What about 86101 in rail blue and DVT 82115 in rail blue as a set?

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Never knew that they existed, until you made a mention of it. A quick Google search confirmed it. I think it'll make a good bookset.

• Douglas Smith
          Douglas Smith commented
          Editing a comment
          A rail blue DVT on it's own would be nice (some of us could pretend that swallow never existed)

• robert shrives
          robert shrives commented
          Editing a comment
          Asked about this a while ago but have since painted a DVT blue thus making it a certainty, Robert :-}

I fully support the idea of an InterCity Executive 86 and will definitely buy one or two. One will become 86501, to join my customised 86502 in Railfreight General livery.

I noticed someone mentioned Railfreight General livery in an earlier post. I believe 502 was the only 86/5 to wear this livery and when researching photos before I had mine customised a couple of years ago, I was more or less convinced that it only wore the General sector markings on one side. It is quite possible that this was only for promotional reasons, as I'm sure this loco appeared in the Railfreight calendar when the sector liveries were launched.

Comment

I would love to see a re run of intercity livery for my passenger stock.

​​​​would really like to see a two tone grey unbranded

Comment

An as delivered Electric blue? YES PLEASE.....although were that will leave my Lima ones ...?. (in a box in the loft? flea bay....)

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
              JeremiahBunyan commented
              Editing a comment
              I find it hard to sell on things, in 1999 I got my first train set at the age of 4. I still have it, the loco has gone through 3 chassis (as I ran it often the motors did burn out) and the loco it self has seen 2 repaints. Currently my loco is having it's 3rd repaint as soon as I add lots of detail to it.

So if I were you the Lima ones would've been given a good repaint and probably left for display (if possible on a part of the layout with a museum theme)

I would definitely like to see the Rocket 150 livery Class 86service would be nice

Comment

http://www.railuk.info/gallery/notes....jpg&type=de86
            http://www.railuk.info/gallery/notes...ge.php?id=1702

these help?

cheers
            Mark

Comment

Thanks Joel Dapol and Scruff I never knew anything about those particular locos carrying that livery though I knew it existed. Wasn't even aware as to why they wore that livery or that very foreign looking vinyl on their bodyside.

Cheers.

Comment

• Scruff
                Scruff commented
                Editing a comment
                86214 also has an extra headlight as well as the cross arm pantograph.

Cheers
                Mark

• Joel Dapol
                Joel Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                As Mark says, there are a couple of complications though.

I fear I'm a bit late to the party here, but standard Freightliner green locos (powered or dummy) seen extremely scarce. I have a triple grey and powerhaul liveried examples so would welcome a rerun of the original green!

Comment

Just a thought.. but... As the red team have announced the 87 in 'Orribly Oversize' which means the blue/black team will probably turn their nose up at the class 87 now... what are the chances of Dapol producing an 87 to go with their cracking 86 and Mk3 rolling stock??

Oops.. Forgot to add... Please!

Cheers
                Mark

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                  JeremiahBunyan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've given Dapol some "food for thought" regarding the Class 87 and how much easier and sensible it'll be to do one. Hope my food for thought has been enough to convince them.

However I'd really want a Class 90 from Dapol.

Plain BR blue would make me very happy. I'd probably stump up for an electric blue one too.

Comment

How about a class 91 book set maybe a class 91 three Mk 4 coaches and Mk 4 DVT there is a pleathora of liveries of this one

Comment

• Stuart Muir 7
                    Stuart Muir 7 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Another livery for the class 86 I would like is Parcels red and grey livery

Originally posted by Stuart Muir 7 View Post
                  How about a class 91 book set maybe a class 91 three Mk 4 coaches and Mk 4 DVT there is a pleathora of liveries of this one
                  I personally think that a Class 87 will be a better choice. As I have pointed out elsewhere that a Class 86 and Class 87 have a lot in common. The overall body is actually the same minus the obvious differences (which again I have listed elsewhere). Dapol's exising CAD can be used and modified to make the Class 87.

Following that a Class 90 is the next best option as the Class 90 shares the chassis and wheelsbase etc of the Class 87. So in a way there's a lot of shared components between these three.

Comment

Working...
                  X