• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    Originally posted by baister1 View Post
    I would love Orion in Colas livery.
    I'd agree with that, at the moment there's quite a good selection of modern freight in N gauge. A Colas Railfreight Class 86 will sell a bit better. Joel Dapol or Neil Dapol please consider this as an alternative.

Regarding the potential "Anglia Class 86 with the Union Jack", as much as it's a rare item, suitable rolling stock for it in N gauge isn't available. There's a possibility of it sitting on shelves for a long time, unless of course Dapol decides to bring out some complementing Mk2F coaching stock?

IIRC I can only give you'll proof that a Mk3 Buffet existed in the Anglia "turquoise" livery. But other than it was a mix of Mk2Fs in said livery and InterCity.

There's quite a few better options for a Class 86:-
    - BR Blue
    - ETL
    - InterCity Executive
    - InterCity Swallow

Leave a comment:

• baister1
    replied
    I would love Orion in Colas livery.

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Praise the model train Gods! That 9 month estimate was like music to my ears...

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    I would say my best guess would be in around 9 months time.

• sawyerm1982
    commented on 's reply
    I would second that, an INTERCITY class 86 such as this which survived late into the Virgin era would be high on my wish list given that I missed out the first time round.

• baister1
    commented on 's reply
    Definitely need a BR Intercity Swallow livery. Not fussy which as long as it has the black cab roof and correct yellow fronts.

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Will do...LOL!

• Scruff
    commented on 's reply
    JeremiahBunyan if you get a pm you are going to have to tell the rest of us... don't keep us in suspense!

Cheers
    Mark

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    Is there any confirmed date as to when these are being produced and due into stock? And please note, unlike others I'll be happy to even have an estimate date of production/arrival. It will help me save. So even a PM regarding the estimated arrival is great.

Leave a comment:

• Boco_D2
    replied
    What a great announcement, I'll certainly be after a few of the new liveries and if you do another swallow livery I'd most certainly be getting that!

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Fully agree with you JR_P

• JR_P
    commented on 's reply
    As I recall, the upgrade to mk3 stock (buffet car aside) was coincident with the change-over to the 'ONE' Anglia livery - that is to say, the mk3 stock (including DVT) never wore the teal Anglia livery and the class 86s were replaced by class 90s at the same time, which again never wore teal Anglia.

Now, if Dapol ever do the Class 90, they have everything necessary to offer a 90+mk3+DVT in 'ONE' Anglia livery and all liveries thereafter....

The question is though, is anyone *actually* modelling the Great Eastern Mainline?!.... my gut says no, based on the fact that the RevolutioN Class 321 is looking unlikely to be offered in any of the GEML operator liveries due to lack of interest.

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Ahhh...that makes sense!

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Great suggestions, thank you.

• markgrimes75
    replied
    As I model the BR steam/diesel transition era (50's/60's) with black steam locos and green diesel locos on my N gauge layout, I would love to have a couple of AL6's in Electric Blue livery in as-delivered condition (without yellow front panels - I had searched on Internet for authentication and indeed they were delivered in wrap round blue livery with white window surrounds and cab roofs) so that I could have a pair on 'delivery run' hauled by a diesel as it would be accurate for the period.
    ​​​​​​
    Dapol, I hope you consider producing some AL6's in as delivered condition. I would buy a couple.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X