Dapol N gauge Class 86 - Livery wishlist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dapol N gauge Class 86 - Livery wishlist

This is just a wishlist, not demanding for them to be done, so please don't take in in the wrong way... but I'd really love to see the Dapol N gauge Class 86 in:-

- Caledonian Sleeper
    - BR Blue

Not taken in the wrong way at all and I think these are a good idea.
    Regards
    Joel

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      The Caledonian Sleeper Class 86 is my favorite, would love to see that.

BR Blue supposedly sells, it sells well with diesels. But there's many theories as to why they don't. I'm sure that when your N gauge catenary is made available electric sales will pick up.

Intercity executive for me please! Both types if possible as well as swallow livery possibly the Rainhill pair in blue with the yellow side panels and crests..
    Another blue one would be nice.

Any chance of the older style jumper cables on the 86/4 loco's? I want to add them to the 86/4 loco's i've got but I can't find a supplier of them and I don't think my modelling skills are up to making them.

Cheers
    Mark

Comment

My wish list on the class 86 .
      86245 in Virgin / Caledonian Blue
      any 86 in Electric blue , and Any of the Anglia Railway's Blue 86's

Comment

• Alistair
        Alistair commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd forgotten about 245, that one would be great.

Class 86 in Electric Blue livery for me too please.... If I am not mistake "Les Ross" carries that livery today.

Comment

Joel Dapol Richard Dapol Neil Dapol Andy Dapol

I was just thinking, if at all you'll ever consider doing the Caledonian Sleeper Class 86, why not offer it as a limited edition along with your Class 67? It will make a lovely twin pack and as a limited edition you won't really have to worry about selling a 1000 or more.

And I did hear someone say that the N gauge Class 73 is being re-tooled, if so and if the Class 73/9 is included you'll can also do that in a Caledonian Sleeper Class 73 twin pack.

Just an idea...

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Most welcome...

• Alistair
          Alistair commented
          Editing a comment
          I like this idea a powered 86 and a dummy 67 would go down very well for me

• Ged L
          Ged L commented
          Editing a comment
          What a Great idea! I certainly would be up for those.

I would be interested in brail blue and Inter-City Executilve liveries. If you are looking for more limited run specials, how about 86214/235 in large logo "Rainhill 150" blue or 86228 in an experimental version of Inter-City Executive with chocolate brown on top instead of dark grey.

Comment

• Scruff
          Scruff commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally agree with your choices Adam, didn't know about 228 though... interesting, going looking for photos! thanks!

Now C&M have sold out their special edition rail blue 86s, I'd be up for another one.

Comment

captainelectra Did you mean this?

Class 86 86228

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62123014@N04/25177620314

Class 86 86214
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/deadma...le/4571132343/

Class 86235
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/24041160@N02/13193480594/

*Image credits to their respective owners... Can be viewed on their flickr photostreams.
          Last edited by JeremiahBunyan; 19th June 2016, 18:22.

Comment

Here's a couple of shots of 86228 working a Liverpool-Street - Norwich service shortly after overhaul at Stratford (where else).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27017199@N07/5725273477/in/photolist-9HYnZu-9HVwkF

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27017199@N07/5725830730/in/photolist-9HYnZu-9HVwkF

Adam

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
              JeremiahBunyan commented
              Editing a comment
              Both links lead to the same image....

I would love to see BR Blue, Caledonian Blue and even Colas. A peculiar mix, I know, but maybe I am a peculiar person!!

Comment

teal sleeper and cala blue virgin for me. the idea of twin or even a brand pack of say the teal sleeper loco I fell would be a great seller

Comment

One of the RailFreight Class 86/5's would be good too.. not many loco's carried the General sector markings.

Cheers
                Mark

Comment

I'd also be up or a BR Blue one and definately 86235. :-)

Comment

Any intercity livery would be fine by me.

Comment

Working...
                    X