Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dapol Class 86 Pantograph *FIRST BATCH*

Hey,

Just have a question, IIRC during the first run of Dapol N gauge Class 86s, Dapol used a/used something similar to a Sommerfeldt N gauge pantograph. If my guess is right then is it safe to assume that the current screw that holds the newer Dapol pantographs in place is the same diametre as the Sommefeldt ones?

I am currently designing an N gauge (1:150 Japanese N) loco for a customer of mine. I contemplated on using Dapol pantographs initially but I feel the Dapol pantographs are a little too long, as a result we plan on using Sommefeldt pantographs. I need to know the diametre of the screw that holds the pantograph to the roof.

If it's the same as the current Dapol one then I can measure my own locos, if not can anyone help with the diametre?
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

The screws are the same on all Dapol Pantographs.. The new style are a straight replacement for the original type.
    Sorry I don't have the screw size though..

Cheers
    Mark

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Mark,

Busy settling up the house, so my Dapol Class 86s are packed up somewhere. To be on the safe side I've made a 2mm dia hole in my CAD. Doubt it'll be wider than than or narrower. Can always widen in needed.

• Scruff
      Scruff commented
      Editing a comment
      JeremiahBunyan I seem to remember the original Dapol pantographs were a Tomix item if that helps..

Cheers
      Mark

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Scruff I've been a magical person recently and simply guessed the diametre of the mounting hole fr the screw, low and behold it fits perfectly. I now have a happy customer.
Working...
X