New run of JAs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: New run of JAs

Is there any support out there for a new run of the original JA prototype 73s? The original release is like hens teeth.
    Maybe:

original green
    BR Banger Blue
    BR revised Blue
    Last edited by Andy Hebden; 27 August 2017, 11:58.

If my understanding is correct then this (in the link) is a JA variant and I'd like one in either N gauge or OO gauge.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/37190-...-9f9RvY-8VBWYJ
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Andy Hebden
      Andy Hebden commented
      Editing a comment
      That is indeed a JA but the livery is unusual in that it never ran in that livery in service. The JAs went from first-introduced green to BR blue.
      This livery was worn by the early examples of the main batch JBs.

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Jeremiah, in OO we do have both possibilities open to us. In N gauge we are slightly more restricted and can only produce the JA, the JB's are exclusive to Gaugemaster.

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Joel, I take it that Gaugemaster own the JB tooling or something on those lines?
      Last edited by JeremiahBunyan; 29 August 2017, 17:29.

There was a well-received batch of JAs almost ten years ago so I'd like to think it could be done again.
    http://www.ngauge.org.uk/dap_eloco_73.php

Comment

Does that mean that, in theory at least, Dapol could do a model of 73967 (former 73006)?

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        I highly doubt that. 73/9's aren't tooled up for. And there's not much demand for 73/9s

Originally posted by Andy Hebden View Post
      Is there any support out there for a new run of the original JA prototype 73s? The original release is like hens teeth.
      Maybe:

original green
      BR Banger Blue
      BR revised Blue
      I've had some re-livery work done on mine, but I'm always open for more...

E6004 was the 73001 from the Cargowaggon set; E6009 was the E6033 Rail Blue small logo model.
      Last edited by Jeff Eastmond; 4 September 2017, 19:12.

Comment

Regarding 73967, I was really wondering if, despite its conversion, it is still considered a JA when it comes to the rights to do a model of it.
        I agree that the tooling would be extensively different, but I wonder about the popularity. The new Cali Sleeper 67 seems to be going down well.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          A poll is running already of the forums, I don't recollect if it's N gauge or OO gauge or both. My plan was to buy a chassis (N gauge and OO gauge) and get the body 3D printed

They DO look great, Jeff.

Comment

Hello.
          Any news with regard to the possibility of having a new run of class 73 ?
          I would support an E6002 in plain green (as done in OO under reference 4D-006-014) and/or an E6003 in green with small yellow panel (as done 11 years ago for Signal Box under reference SBD1).
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ohlavache View Post
          Hello.
          Any news with regard to the possibility of having a new run of class 73 ?
          I would support an E6002 in plain green (as done in OO under reference 4D-006-014) and/or an E6003 in green with small yellow panel (as done 11 years ago for Signal Box under reference SBD1).
          Thanks.
          Or even in early blue?

Comment

• steam-driven boy
            steam-driven boy commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi,
            Gaugemaster Collection have now added an "Electric Blue" 73, early enough?

• Jeff Eastmond
            Jeff Eastmond commented
            Editing a comment
            Sadly, Gaugemasters' E6039 didn't appear in 'Electric' Blue when new but the normal BR Rail Blue (otherwise known as 'Monastral' or "Banger" blue). The first ten 'JB's (E6007-16) did originally appear in a lighter blue, which was not the same as the 'Electric' blue of the AL series Locos for the WCML, but it didn't stop various sources incorrectly attributing it as such.
            Last edited by Jeff Eastmond; 3 September 2018, 11:24.

It is

Comment

Originally posted by steam-driven boy View Post
            Added to the Gaugemaster Collection http://www.gaugemaster.com/item_deta...ster+GM2210201
            E6003 plain green, no small yellow panel.
            part of 6 new 73s announced.
            Wonderful news!
            I just ordered a green E6003.

Comment

It is indeed great news. However, albeit without the SYP, I’m not sure why E6003 was chosen again.

Comment

Working...
              X